Chapter. 5.5 - Memories

I just wanted to say a quick thank you for 500 reads. So uhh.. yes. Thanks.
(I don't deserve it c': )

Just a filler chapter and I wanted to update this book.

Flashback
Solar System
Earth - The Last City - The Tower
Light - 50
YN Pov

It's been what? A month since my first resurrection? I don't know. But all that's important right now is getting this package to Master Rahool. I'm pretty sure this is an Exotic Engram by the powerful aura of it and the gold glow.

Too bad it's not mine. Ikora needed this cracked open and deliver whatever the contents were back to her. I tend to do this alot to help control my greed. The first time I did an Engram courier job for Ikora ended with me stashing the contents in my vault.
The Vanguard was not happy..

Okay maybe not Cayde. He wasn't even mad or disappointed at me. He just looked at me with.. a proud look? I couldn't identify what that was.

Anyways. So far the jobs been helping alot. I get payed with Uncommon or maybe even Rare Engrams. And my greed is barely there.

Okay. Mayybbee I get the urge to run straight to the vault but it's not as bad anymore.

Okay back on track. I'm walking up the stairs into the courtyard of The Tower with the Engram in my hand. And just chatting away with my ghost in the other.

I don't notice all the looks of jealousy I'm getting. And one Fireteam in particular is glaring at me. I don't notice them walking up to me.

???1: "Hey!" A Titan known as Dustin shouted towards me. On the first day of my arrival to The Tower. I thought he was a warm and welcoming guy at first when he said he wanted to give me a welcoming gift in the form of an Engram. Being the Naive newbie guardian I was (and still am). I followed him to a rather shady area in the hanger. Which resulted in the beat down of my life. I had to get my ghost to kill and resurrect me just to heal my VERY broken body. I've done field work for Ikora. No amounts of trauma the forces of darkness will do to me will amount to that brutes 'welcoming gift'.
Titans hit hard..

YN: "oh hey.." I said alittle nervously. Even my ghost is shaking nervously.

???2: "Where did you get that?" A Hunter known as Morgan said in a hostile tone to me. A week later into my work as a Guardian. I had come across this guy. I saw him as Cool and mysterious. He never took off his helmet. One day. He came up to me. Handed me a Rare Engram. He said it was a gift. I was too blinded by the fact that this was my first Rare Engram, to be even suspicious of another 'Gift'. Took it to Master Rahool. Got an Auto Rifle. brushed off his warning about 'Defective' and took it straight to the cosmodrome. Turns out. I should have listened. It fell apart the moment I pulled the trigger. And had to be resurrected again after the Fallen were done shooting at my corpse.
Everytime I passed him since that day. He would snicker at me.

YN: "oh. Um.. I was just getting this delivered to Master Rahool for Ikora"

???3: "oh really? And you didn't steal it? It wouldn't be the first time" a Warlock known as Fredrick spoke in a very condescending tone to me. More backstory. He offered to mentor me a few days after my first day into the tower. He took me to the cosmodrome. And told me to drop all my weapons and take on the Fallen with only my Warlock powers. He took me to where the Darkness was stronger. Stronger than my light. I obliged like an idiot and ran straight into the stronghold with a ball of Void light in my hand. I had to be resurrected again. And went back to where Fredrick was. Only to find him gone. Along with my weapons! I had to get new weapons from the gunsmith which were much weaker than my old ones. He would just smirk at me everytime I passed him.

YN: "I didn't steal it! I'm just supposed to take this to Master Rahool and bring it back to Ikora!" A Hunter elsewhere in the courtyard takes notice of the situation. And makes his way over.

Dustin: "What if she doesn't get the Exotic and instead gets the pieces of your body?" He said moving very close to me. Intimidating me

YN: "Wha- wait no!" The Titan reels back a punch while the hunter makes a move to the Engram I'm holding.

???: "Hey!" We all look towards the source of the voice. Standing there is a Hunter in high end gear.

???: "Leave him alone!" He walks up to the Titan.

Dustin: "Why? No one cares about these lifeless machines" I grow saddened at getting called a thing again.

???: "Doesn't give you an excuse to bully him. I don't think anyone should be afraid of you anyways"

Dustin gets angered by that and goes for a punch. To which the stranger just ducks down and sweeps his legs. Bringing him down. And delivering a swift kick to his face. Knocking him out cold.

The others are frozen in fear that their leader was taken down so easily.

???: "Two mores not going to be much of a problem considering how pathetic this guy was"

The other two get their leader off the ground and run off somewhere.

I'm just standing there awestruck that someone actually stood up for me. No one's ever done that. The guardians of the tower just act like I don't exist. The ones that do acknowledge me just look at me with disdain.

???: "Hey. You ok buddy?" He said in a friendly tone.

YN: "oh. Um.. yes I'm fine. Thank you"

???: "No problem. My name is Jack" as he says that. I notice a Jack of clubs strapped to his chest plate.

YN: "YN"

Jack: "hey. After you're done decrypting that, come see me in the hanger" he said with a smile. I don't see any evil intent behind his eyes. So I ease up.

YN: "okay. Sure"

Jack: "cool. See you later!" With that he runs off.

Ghost: "what a nice fellow. I didn't see anything wrong about him"

YN: "neither did I, alright. Let's get this to Master Rahool" I make my way to his place in the courtyard. Wondering what Jack want's from me.

There we go. Some background to your character.
You were ignored by many of the guardians and some seem to even despise you. But Jack is different. And it looks like he might become your first real friend in the tower.
I will sometimes post 'Memory' chapters as a peek into your life at the tower.

The Traveler blesses you!