Chapter. 15.5 - Reflection/Thinking about Home

.5 chapters are optional reads. they add a bit to the story but are usually not that important. Usually.

-----<>-----

I'm sitting on the balcony of the school, holding a sheet of cloth in my hands as I continue to do some work on it, with a sewing kit nearby, and a tool box.

The early morning sun shines down upon me and my Ghost who's hovering next to me.

YN: "Ghost" I say not looking away from the cloth I'm putting together.

Ghost: "yes?" He turns to me.

YN: "anything new on the Vanguard channels?"

Ghost: "no, nothing. We're too far out to get a signal"

YN: "sigh you know? I don't feel homesick at all" I put down the cloth and look at the rising sun.

Ghost: "what do you mean?" He tilts.

YN: "I'm serious. I really don't, Blake, Ruby, all of them, they make me feel like I belong here" I pause for a second.

YN: "they make me feel like this is my home now, and I'm not complaining"

Ghost: "I wholeheartedly agree, Guardian"

YN: "but I do miss them, Ikora, Cayde, even the other Guardians" I look down at the cloth, I see that there's nothing else to be added, the yellow burning heart on it is perfect, the black background is perfect, and the fabric is nice and strong.

Ghost: "yeah, I guess I miss them too, but this is our home now. And we must defend it"

YN: "indeed we do" I fold the Mark and put it next to two neatly folded Cloaks, one red that I borrowed to infuse it with light, and one black that I made from scratch. Along with a Bond colored white and blue with a blue snowflake hologram.

Ghost: "I'm sure they'll love them"

YN: "yeah, hopefully Ruby's not mad at me for taking her cloak chuckle"

Ghost: "nah, she's sleeping"

I look at him.
YN: "that girl knows everything, I lifted a cookie just to get it off the desk and the red hurricane burst through the door and ate it in one bite"

Ghost: ". . . That's our Ruby for you" we share a laugh.

YN: "still, how can a guy like me get so lucky to have someone like Blake?" I look at the sun.

Ghost: "I'm sure she knows the struggles you have to go through, it's part of what makes you human. And I'm sure that's why she loves you. besides, she isn't the only one who has their eyes on you" I didn't catch that last part.

YN: "what was that?" I look at him.

Ghost: "oh nothing, what do you think happens next?"

YN: "don't know, all I know is that we must keep moving forward" I look to see about six birds flying in front of the sun.

Ghost: "good answer, let's head back inside" I nod at him and collect the Cloaks, Mark, and Bond and stack them on top of each other, with the Bond on top of them. And move to the door of the balcony and make my way back to the dorm.