Part 7

All at once, a sea of graduation caps went soaring into the sky and sustained themselves in the air for a brief moment before coming back down. There were cheers and hugs all around as everyone was congratulating each other. It was a beautiful night with a huge celebration to kick off the summer before they all went their separate ways in their lives. Luka, Rose, Juleka and Ivan were still part of their band and played through the grad party. Even though Luka and Mari went through an awkward moment, they remained great friends that could rely on each other no matter what. They all danced their last night away spending their time with friends they may never see again. Luka talked to Marinette and Adrien after their last performance.
"So where are you guys going to school?" He asked.
"I'm actually staying here in Paris to study fashion!" Marinette said excitedly.
"I'm going to a school for acting in New York" Adrien said.
"Oh I thought you two would go somewhere together haha"
"We had to follow our dreams Luka" Marinette sighed. "It will be hard but we will keep a long distance relationship with each other."
Adrien nodded and asked "Luka where are you going to school?"
"I'm actually staying in Paris too. I'm going to Jared Stones new music college. It's gonna be a blast."
"That sounds so fu—"
"Adrien! Marinette! Cmon let's go get ice cream!" Alya called as they were about to get in a cab."
"Cya Luka!" The Two said together.
"I'll cya around Luka!" Marinette said.
He waved and they hopped into the car.
"Cya around ma-ma-Marinette" he said under his breath and chuckled. Even if he was dating Chloe, he'd always have a special place in his heart for her song.
In the car Adrien couldn't shake the feeling. He didn't want Marinette around Luka without him. He trusted her and knew Luka was a good guy, but he was just weary. He eventually got over it and they had a great night.
They rest of the summer passed in the blink of an eye. It was amazing how fast time could pass when you don't want it to. Now it was the night before everyone was leaving to start their own journeys.
The bug and cat sat on the roof tops gazing at the Eiffel Tower that they wouldn't see together in quite some time. They held hands and eventually spooned under the stars.
"We won't ever change right?" Marinette asked.
"What do you mean?"
"We won't ever separate right?" She said again in a more worrisome voice. She too was worry about Adrien leaving to New York with Lila. And she found out Kagami was also going to a fencing school in New York. Just great.
"Bugaboo if I ever lost you I wouldn't be able to live" he hugged her tighter. "Tomorrow will be one of the most difficult days of my life." She fell asleep in his arms and it was very late at night. He picked her up and brought her to her bed in her house. "Goodnight princess" he whispered and then kissed her forehead before disappearing into the night.
The next day was very sad for everyone. Alya, Nino, Adrien, and basically everyone else were leaving. Marinette Hughes Alya so tight before she got onto the plane. She hugged Nino and he called her dudette like the good old days. Plagg and Tikki said goodbye in Marinette's bag and they were very sad. Adrien hugged Marinette very tightly and held her face in his hands before kissing her passionately and whipping away her tears.
"I love you and I always will Marinette." He said.
"I love you too Adrien." They kissed again and the final boarding call was going on.
"Cya chaton."
"Cya bugaboo." They flashed each other's lucky charm bracelets to each other and then the door closed. Marinette and Tikki were very sad so they just went home. She had no one. Everyone she knew had left Paris. Her boyfriend and her best friend were both going to another country and she was left all alone. She listened to music for the next hour until she heard a ping come from her phone. She was flipped it over to see a message from Luka.

She reads the text message.
Luka: Hey Mari... are you alright? I saw you crying at the airport after I dropped Juleka off.
Ugh. He saw me ugly crying too? I guess I should reply.
Marinette: yeah I'm alright I guess it was just a lot to take in at once. How are you feeling without Juleka?
She sent it. I just want to see Adrien... *she sighs.*
Later that evening she FaceTimed Adrien and they talked about their day and how much they missed each other. It was getting late and their first day at their colleges started the next day.
"See you Chaton. Love you."
"Farewell Bugaboo." He blew her a kiss as she turned her computer off.