Part 11

As the years went on, their feelings for each other slowly went away. They hadn't seen each other in three years, since they went to a four year college and they were an ocean away. It was summer again in Paris and Luka and Marinette were walking home from their last college class.
"LUKA! We graduated!!" Marinette said giddily.
He scooped her up  and kissed her. It had been so long and Marinette got over Adrien. Well mostly. Anyways, Luka asked her out...
*flashback*
"Marinette!" He said as she walked away to her car in the light winter snow.
"Yeah Luka?" She replied.
He went over to her and kissed her. There were sparks going off in her head and her heart... but something wasn't right. She kissed him back and blushed when it broke.
"I really like you Marinette. I don't want this to ruin our friendship but I could hold it in anymore."
She blushed harder.
"I like you too Luka. I really do." Saying those words felt weird to her. Almost foreign. Last time she said anything like that she was with Adrien. But who was she kidding she had Luka. Sweet Luka. Right?
*regular time*
She and Luka went to a coffee shop in Paris m. She remembered going here with Adrien in the past. On the dates Alya and Nino would set up in attempt to make the clueless Adrien realize Marinette's love for him. It's summer and everyone is coming home. Alya is returning and she is so excited.
Luka partes his way on walking down his road and Marinette went back to walk to her dorm to clean it out. She got most of the things in boxes to bring to her car, and she was on her last box. Being her clumsy self she fell and tripped down her last stair out of her building. She looked up and saw a very familiar face and realized she had been caught from falling again.
"You okay Marinette?" Adrien asked with a little smile.
"Ya- ye- ya know. Yes" shit why did I stutter?! Oh god what happened to him over the past 3 years?! Why is he so freaking hot and sweet and cute at the same time. Oh my this is awkward and so sudden. Snap out of it Marinette!
"Okay good to know... well I guess I'll see you around..."
"Oh ok... bye..." Adrien walked away. She so beautiful. Ugh. But I must let her go. I must let her go. It's for my own good and hers.
"Wait Adrien!" Marinette said. He turned around to see her cute figure running to him. Snap out of it Agreste!
"Yeah Marinette?"
"We need to catch up. I really want to talk to you."
"I'm free tomorrow Mari...nette"
"... well ok then! I'll cya tomorrow at 3pm! Lets go to that little cafe."
"Ok" he laughed a bit and walked on as they waved goodbye to each other. He couldn't tell if this little get together was gonna be a good thing or a bad thing. Neither could she. But Adrien knew he had to end things.
Adrien patiently waited in the dimly lit and rustic coffee shop that was hidden in between the streets of Paris. His heart pounded and his thumbs fidgeted along the white crisp letter he held in his hand. Everytime the door opened, he shot his head up hoping to get lost in her beautiful blue eyes once more. But, time was running out. This was his one last time to tell her how he felt. His mind came to the conclusion that it may never happen. He may never see his lady again. He could feel his heart fall slowly as he reluctantly stood up and pushed his chair in. Where are you? Adrien carefully placed the letter on the table top, but slid another thing into the envelope.
     "Um I need to leave, can you please make sure that envelope gets to a certain woman?" Adrien asked the man at the cash register.
    "Yes. May I asked her name and appearance?"
    "Her name is Marinette. Trust me you won't miss her hair that is as dark as night and her blue belle eyes."
    "You seem like you really like this girl." He said with a chuckle.
    "Love... well it's a long story. Have a nice day." Adrien said.
    He put his hands in his pockets and went to find his car with some tears streaming off of his face. Just like that he was gone. He couldn't bare to wait there anymore if she would have just blown him off. Little did he know, that at the same time, a blue haired girl was just walking into the cafe.
    "Um hi I'm looking for guy named Adrien? Was he here?"
    "Ahh you are the girl he was talking about...he left that letter on the table for you. You actually just missed him by five minutes."
    "A- oh. Okay well thank you sir."
    Marinette walks over the the table to see the white envelope. She sits down before she carefully takes out the letter and reads it. But when she starts to read it here eyes tear up and some escape and roll down her cheek.
Dear M'Lady,
    It's been so long since I have seen or heard from you. I miss the old days where we would fight the akumas together and sitting on your balcony until two am wrapped in each other's arms.  The 'pound it's' after each battle were my favorite part. Besides being with you of course. I miss the way we were then. But we have moved on with our lives, but I won't deny that it breaks my heart a little every time I saw you with someone who wasn't me. What I guess I am saying is goodbye... I know we have said it  many times before, but I really mean it this time. And as much as it breaks me, it's for the best. You are all I can think about. Now that you aren't even mine, I need to get you out of my head. You will always carry a special place in my heart Marinette. I will always cherish all of the memories we have had together and I will always love you... and wonder if things could have possibly worked out differently.
    I hope you are happy through your life Mari... and if fate does by chance string us two together again, well then I may just be the luckiest cat out there.
    Love.
    Your Chat Noir
    Marinette's eyes were streaming with uncontrollable tears. After a silent period, she lifted her puffy eyes and looked outside to the Paris streets as the sun started to set. Remembering what they once were. Marinette takes out her phone to try to call him. Please pick up.
    "The number you have been trying to reach, is no longer in functio-" the phone said.
    Dang it. Marinette suddenly sees there is something else peeking outside the envelope. She carefully takes the object out and covers her mouth at the sight of the lucky charm key chain she had  given him in the beginning of it all.