11. Tired

Hinata could sleep anywhere at any time, if he put his mind to it. Sat up, lying down, on the floor, in a car, in a plastic seat, in that tiny space between wall and object that you don't think to check because it's so small.

This led to a lot of predicaments, where Hinata would wander off, fall asleep, and have to get retrieved in time for the next match.

Yachi did not know how to ask the person who was currently letting Hinata use their lap as a pillow if she could have her player back into time for warm ups before the Aoba Johsai match. There was someone in a matching uniform sat next to him, reading from a book.

"Um…" Yachi began, and the tall guy looked up, tilting his head in question.

He has no eyebrows Yachi realised hysterically.

"I-I need Hinata…please!" she added on hastily, nervously wringing her hands together.

"You heard the girl, Aone," Futakuchi murmured, turning a page delicately. "Your time is up. Time to wake up the midget."

"Ah." Aone inclined his head to show he agreed, and moved his hand to gently rest against Hinata's shoulder, giving a delicate shake.

Hinata shuddered and grumbled and tried to hide his head under his hand, but with a firmer shove he was stretching his arms out forward and over his head, Futakuchi lifting his book out of the way of Hinata's reaching fingers without even looking.

"Hinata…?" Yachi asked anxiously, and Hinata turned his face to make eye contact, hair mussed with sleep and face still slightly squashed.

Yachi was appropriately reminded of a kitten waking up.

"It's time for the next match."

"Hah?!" Hinata was awake in a near instant, scrambling into an upwards position with the help of Aone's gentle hands.

"Aone-kun I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep!"

"It's okay," Aone replied passively, keeping his hand on Hinata's shoulder to support him until he was sure the other could stand straight by himself.

"I'll make sure to beat Aoba Johsai just for you and your team, Aone-kun! I'll see you in a bit; make sure you watch!"

Aone simply nodded and watched as Hinata snatched up Yachi's hand and bolted down the corridor, dragging the wayward manager after him.

"You have it bad, Aone," Futakuchi absently noted, and when Aone turned his head to give him a look, he laughed and turned a page, "You're right, you're right, I'm not one to say anything either."