Interlude 3

Alternate Universe 3, Established Relationship 2: Domestic

Kenma blinked his eyes open slowly and blearily, wondering for a long moment when he'd fallen asleep and what exactly had woken him up. Then his bladder twinged and he was reminded.

However, there was a heavy weight on his lap that restricted his movement, and he slowly moved his head forward from the back of the sofa, wincing at the pain in his neck, to see Hinata's head on his lap, the smaller body ensconced in his arms where he was still loosely clasping his 3DS.

Ah. Now he remembered. Hinata had come home early from work after being sick, had bundled himself up and then commandeered Kenma's lap in order to watch him jump between games on the handheld console before falling asleep. It was no wonder Kenma had then fallen asleep; Hinata was a living hot water bottle and could incite drowsiness into anyone.

And while he'd like to leave Hinata sleeping where he was he was pretty sure that if he didn't move soon he was going to wet himself.

The 3DS was blinking it's red warning light, and Kenma saved the game before setting the device to the side and easing his arm under Hinata's shoulders to try set him down comfortably on the sofa.

The ticking clock above their TV announced the time as nearly quarter past six, over four hours since Hinata had trudged in.

"Mm, Ken-kun?" Hinata asked groggily, trying to lift his head from the pillow Kenma had manoeuvred under him. Kenma reached down to press a gentle hand to Hinata's cheek, leaning to press a kiss to his head.

"I'll be back in a moment, Shouyou. Do you think you feel up for some dinner?"

Hinata sleepily nuzzled into Kenma's touch and Kenma felt it warm him even to the depths of his heart.

"Can try," Hinata affirmed and then his breath was evening out again and Kenma indulgently pressed another kiss to his sleep mussed hair before rushing to the bathroom.