22. Miniskirts

"Hey, hey, Noya," Tanaka hissed, elbowing the libero, phone in his hand.

Nishinoya tilted his head over in question, and looked at the screen that was shoved into his face. For a long moment there was silence. Then -

"HEH?!"

"Shush!" Tanaka shouted in response but it was too late.

"Do I need to separate you two?" Daichi asked, exasperated, and while Tanaka looked nervous, Nishinoya was blushing at something, eyes darting around the gym. The other Tokyo teams were still playing as Karasuno completed their warmup exercises.

Tsukishima darted in and stole Tanaka's phone, long fingers plucking the device out of loose hands with ease. He immediately dropped it, ears going red and eyes going wide, just in time for Sugawara to swoop in and gather it up.

"Oh. Oh my." Sugawara's free hand lifted to his mouth as he looked at the phone, cheeks faintly burning. "Tanaka-kun, where did you get this from?"

"Hinata is the same size as Saeko-nee, and they really hit it off, so he agreed to help," Tanaka said defensively. "Saeko-nee just messaged me the photos, that's all!"

"What are we looking at?" Hinata asked cheerfully from Sugawara's elbow, and the setter couldn't move fast enough to block the screen.

"Oh, I remember that! The black one was my favourite but I think she picked the red one because she said it made my legs look good."

"You mean you really - "

"Well, yeah! Saeko-nee asked for help, so I helped her! Besides, wearing the miniskirts was kinda fun!"

"Did I really just hear that?!" Kuroo hollered across the gymnasium, eyes lit up, and didn't even flinch when Kenma's fingers dug straight into his ribs.

"Oya, oya, oya?" Bokuto was the next to ask, ignoring Akaashi's exasperated expression but unable to ignore the tight hand on his wrist that stopped him from investigating.

"Hinata-kun, no matter how nice someone is, you can't just wear...wear women's clothing for them," Daichi said patiently and Hinata tilted his head.

"Why not? It was really comfortable. Lots of room down here. Really airy." And here he gestured with both hands to his crotch. Daichi was afraid he'd actually keep on explaining if Kageyama hadn't of chosen that exact moment to tackle Hinata to the floor with an unintelligible yell, face burning bright.