2) End Of The Day

Niall's POV
We finally arrived at home. I went straight to Zayn's room to check if he's okay. He was still sleeping. I carefully touched his forehead. Damn, he's warmer than before. Suddenly I heard someone's shutting the door.

"Daddy!", the kids yelled.
"Omg Liam, you're already home.", I said surprised I didn't expect him to be home that early.

"Told ya that I'll come home as early as possible. How's Zayn?", Liam asked as he took off his jacket.
"I just checked on him and his fever got higher. I don't know how high but it's definitely something."
"Poor thing. I'll go to him now and maybe you could help the kids with their homework?"

"Yes that's alright. If you need my help just call me."

Liam's POV
Zayn was sleeping as I entered his room. I really don't want to wake him up but I guess I have to.

"Zaynie, wake up.", I shook him gently.
"Mmh dad?", Zayn groaned.
"Yeah it's me. Papa told me you're not feeling well. What's wrong?", I asked the poor boy.
"My head hurts a lot and my stomach feels weird. It doesn't hurt but I don't know it just feels uneasy.", he looked at me sadly. His voice sounded hoarse.

"Does your throat hurt?", I went with my hand through his hair.
"Actually yeah a bit. What time is it?", Zayn suddenly asked.
"It's 2pm why?", I replied while guessing he might have caught the flu.
"Shouldn't you be at work?", Zayn asked looking a bit confused.
"Yes but I came home early today. Could you sit up for me please? I wanna take your temperature.", I spoke softly, not wanting to hurt his head more.

Zayn nodded and sat up. I put the thermometer under his tongue and waited until it beeps.

"39.7° that's not good. We have to cool you down.", I sighed as I looked at the thermometer.
"Cool bath?", Zayn suggested, already knowing what I was going to do. I nodded.

"Exactly c'mon let's go to the bathroom.", I said as I stood up.
"But dad I'm so tired. Can't I just take some fever reducers?", he mumbled.
"We'll do that after the bath. Zayn you're very warm and fever reducer won't be enough to cool you down. The bath won't be long I promise.", I explained as I helped him up.

His whole body is shivering so bad but it's because of the high fever he has. I wish I could do more than just giving him a bath and some medicine. I hate seeing him sick.

"Niall?", I called him to help me with Zayn. He immediately sprinted to the bathroom in no time.
"Is he okay?", you could hear the panic in his voice.
"Ni calm down. I just need you to help me giving him a cool bath. He's at 39.7° and we have to cool him down.", I said.

Niall nodded and started to run the water while I was getting a towel and some fresh clothes for Zayn. After 5 minutes we took him out and let him get dressed.

"Niall could you bring us some fever reducer and pain medicine? I'll bring Zayn back in his bed.", I told him.
"Sure. I'll be fast.", he replied and sprinted downstairs. I smiled at him knowing how fast he is. It took him a minute to get all the medicine and some water.

"Here you go.", Niall said handing me the medicine.
"Fast as always. Okay let's your temperature again before you take the medicine.", I gave Zayn the thermometer again and waited for its beep.

"38.9° still high but better. Here's some medicine. I hope you'll feel better soon. Do you need anything?", I asked while stroking his hair.

"Nope thanks Dad and thanks Papa.", Zayn answered quietly.
"Do you want some chicken soup for later?", Niall offered.
"Yes please and I'm so sorry.", Zayn answered, feeling guilty for being sick.
"For what? It isn't your fault that you're sick. Everybody gets sick. We just hope that you'll be fine soon.", I tried to comfort him.