3) Night Changes

No one's POV
The night was peaceful until Zayn woke up feeling much worse. He was shivering and his whole body just hurt. It made him feel nauseous. He couldn't move or shout out though.

Zayn's POV
I woke up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep. It was so hot, I couldn't breathe through my nose and my throat hurt from coughing. Additionally I got really nauseous. I took my phone and looked what time it is. Great 3 am. My whole body was aching so bad.

After laying for some more minutes the nauseous feeling slowly faded away but my throat started to hurt even more.

Shakily I stood up to get some water for my throat. I feel so much worse than I did before. I slowly walked into the kitchen and took a water bottle out of the fridge. All of sudden I started to get really dizzy my legs slowly gave up. I managed to hold on the wall as I slid down to the floor. Everything was spinning. I sat there in a daze but a minute later my parents were fussing over me. Suddenly the nauseous feeling hit me hard and I saw black spots. I couldn't help it as everything went black.

No one's POV
Louis was sleeping as he heard a loud noise from downstairs. His heart started to beat faster. He ran to his parents' room but nobody was there. It made him even more scared. He slowly went downstairs and what he saw, terrified him.

Liam ran over to Zayn who had gone super pale. He gently slapped the boy, trying to wake him up.

Louis was shaking and didn't know what to do. Anxiety started to run through his whole body and soon he started crying. Niall suddenly realized that Louis was standing behind him. He took the small boy and tried to calm him down.

"Shhh it's okay , Zaynie is just a bit poorly.", Niall said as he wiped away his tears. Louis nodded but carried on crying.

Meanwhile Liam was desperately trying to wake the boy up.
"Dehydration.", he muttered to himself as suddenly Zayn gained back his consciousness. He started to look around, being proper confused on what was going on.

"Zayn can you hear me? Do you remember what happened?", Liam asked, hoping the boy didn't have a concussion.

"I wanted to get some water because my throat hurts so much but then I got so dizzy. Why is Louis crying?", he answered, knowing what happened but irritated by his younger brother.

"Why didn't you just tell us. We would have gotten you a glass of water or whatever you need. He's just a bit shocked and scared but he'll fine.", Liam said.

"Zayn you okay?", Louis asked between his sobs.
"Don't worry Lou. I'm fine. Dont be scared yeah?", Zayn tried to soothe his younger brother. Louis nodded and calmed down.

"C'mon Lou let's get back in bed.", Niall picked the small boy up and carried him in his room. He was still sobbing and shocked but fell back asleep right after his Papa laid him down.

Meanwhile Liam checked Zayn's vitals before helping the boy to the sofa. He decided to stay down here with the boy as it could have gotten very dangerous.

Liam's POV
I stayed with Zayn and got him to sip some water once I touched his forehead. I could feel his fever has risen though.
As Niall returned I told him to get the thermometer immediately.

"40.1°C that's a way too high Zee. We need to cool you down. You're burning up.", I looked at the thermometer in shock after it beeped. I was really getting worried now he has never been that sick before.

No one's POV
Zayn groaned but stood up on his own. His parents led him upstairs and took him to the bathroom where they ran a bath.

After quickly finishing the bath and they went back into his room. Liam checked his temperature again and it was still high at 39.2°C. He sighed and Niall went downstairs to get the fever reducer.