9) Worries

No one's POV
Harry nodded. He didn't want anyone to worry but it wasn't a good idea. Soon his lunch started to come up. Harry moaned again but this time louder.

This caught Niall's attention. He immediately stood up and took the bucket which was standing in the corner, kind of knowing what was going to happen. Louis got up and went to Zayn to give Harry and his Papa some space.

"Harry do you feel sick?", Niall asked seeing the colour of Harry's face changing into a slight green-ish colour. Harry nodded just before he threw up into the bucket. After being sick twice the little boy started to cry.

"Shhh you're okay. Don't cry baby. Papa is here to take care you. You'll be fine.", he soothed the curly boy while softly rubbing circles on his tummy, trying to calm him down.
"My tummy hurts.", Harry sobbed.

"I know baby but it'll get better.", Niall took Harry into his arms and rubbed softy circles on his stomach. Harry closed his eyes while leaning onto his Papa's chest.
"I want to cuddle too.", Louis whined as he eyed the two.
"Come here.", Niall said and the boy jumped onto the bed right into his arms.

"Zayn do you want to cuddle too?", Niall chuckled, looking at the two boys in his arms.
"No I'm good, thanks. You can cuddle with me after those two are finished if you want.", Zayn laughed.
Niall smiled and nodded. Soon Harry and Louis both fell asleep in his arms.

It was finally 5 pm which means the end of the workday for Liam. He took all of his stuff and went over to his family.
As he entered the room he saw his two younger sons asleep in Niall's arms. Zayn was sitting on a chair listening to some music as usual.
"Hey darling. Is everything okay?", Liam asked as he sat down next to Zayn.

"Harry got sick again twice but he's asleep now as you can see. I hope he gets fine soon. Louis got jealous as I cuddled with Harry and he wanted to cuddle as well. So I told him to come here.", Niall softly stroke their kids.

"They look so peaceful when they're sleeping.", Liam smiled and Niall agreed.
"How was your day though? You look tired.", Niall looked over to his husband.

"Yeah it's been pretty busy. There were a lot of emergency cases today. I had to revive one patient before my lunch break that's why I picked up the kids from school a bit later. I also didn't have time to search for Harry's doctor. How did the scan go? Any results?", Liam asked as he went with his hand through his messy hair.

"It went well actually. He said everything looks fine which means he has not hyperthyroidism but I'm still worried because they don't know what's wrong and Harry is clearly not fine.", Niall sighed.

As Liam wanted to answer, Harry suddenly woke up to a stomach ache again.
"Hey monkey, are you okay?", Liam reacted fast and went over to the poor boy. Harry couldn't answer. He was feeling a way too nauseous.

"Niall give me a bucket or something.", Liam said knowing Harry is going to throw up.
Niall handed the bucket from his side as fast as he could to Liam. Harry gagged a few times but nothing came up.

Louis woke up by all the movements and noises around him.
"What are you doing?", he groaned annoyed as he rubbed his eyes.
"Harry's sick again. You could go to Zayn and play something with him while we take care of Harry, okay?", Niall suggested and Louis nodded. He stood up and went to Zayn, who took the boy into his arms. They started to play a game on his phone but Louis kept eyeing his parents.

"I don't wanna get sick.", Harry cried out.
"I know but just let it out. You'll feel better afterwards.", Liam said rubbing his son's back.

Harry gagged again and this time his breakfast showed up. He threw up once more before collapsing onto Niall's chest.
"I think his fever got higher again.", Liam said as he touches Harry's forehead.
"Yeah me too.", Niall agreed after touching the boy.
"I'm going to get a nurse.", Liam said and walked towards the door.

"Is- Is Harry okay?", Louis sobbed watching his dad leaving the room and stood up to walk to his Papa.
"Yes he'll be. His fever just got a little bit higher again. He just needs some medicine.", Niall tried to calm Louis down but he started to cry next to him.

"Sshhh everything will be fine Lou. Don't cry okay? Harry is going to be fine soon.", he rubbed the small boy.

A minute later Liam came back with a nurse following him who had a thermometer in her hand.

"What's wrong Louis? Is he sick too?", Liam went over to the boy who carried on crying.
"No, he's just worried and scared because of what happened.", Niall explained, looking at Louis. His eyes were red and puffy.
"Awww my poor baby. I promise you everything will be okay.", Liam took their son into is arms and hugged him tightly while rubbing circles on his back. Slowly Louis calmed down and Liam wiped away his tears.

Meanwhile the nurse has taken Harry's temperature and frowned.

"39.2°C. I'm going to get some fever reducer. I'll be right back.", she said before leaving the room.
"Li why does his fever get that high again? This isn't normal.", Niall asked worried as he held the sleepy Harry in his arms.

"I know. To be honest I think he has a some kind of very bad infection. There are actually a few one's which can cause these symptoms but we need to run special tests. I'm going to try to catch up with the doctor tomorrow.", Liam answered as he continued rubbing circles on Louis' back, who was still sobbing.

Soon the nurse came back with the fever reducer and some painkillers for Harry's stomach pain.

"Is there anything else I could do for you?", she asked kindly, slightly frowning at Louis.
"No, thank you very much.", Liam thanked her and she nodded before walking out of the room.

The parents kept talking for a while until Liam decided to go back home with Zayn and Louis. On the ride home Louis fell asleep, leaning his head against the window.

As they arrived Liam carried the boy gently into their house and laid him on the sofa before waking him up.

"Louis we're home.", Liam softly shook the boy. Louis opened his eyes but closed them again.
"I'm tired.", he mumbled quietly.
"You can go to sleep after we finished dinner, okay?", Liam kissed the boy on his forehead as he head into the kitchen.

Louis woke up and joined the dinner. As they finished he walked up the stairs to get ready for bed.

It was a very long day for the family. Louis fell asleep immediately as he entered his bed. Zayn played to guitar a little before going to bed as well.
Liam and Niall face timed a little before they both went to sleep.

Author's note
Thank you so much for all your support. It really means a lot to me and I hope you're enjoying the story so far.
Stay safe and take care🌻

~ L