7) Unfamiliar

Liam's POV
I woke up to my alarm. It's 6 am. Usually I'd cuddle a bit with Niall but he's not here. The other half of the bed is empty. I slowly got up and made my way to Louis' room to wake him up.

"Good morning my little sunshine. Time to get up.", I kissed the little boy on his forehead.
"Good morning daddy.", the boy replied quietly while rubbing his eyes.
"Daddy is going to get himself ready. Do you think you can do that by yourself as well?", I asked the sleepy boy. He nodded and got up.

Next I went to Zayn's room to check if he's already awake. Zayn's still laying in his bed with his phone in his hands. I giggled a little by that sight.
"Good morning Zaynie. May you get yourself ready for school?", I asked.
"Sure dad.", he answered and went to the bathroom.

While the kids got themselves ready I went to my room to get myself ready as well. It feels unfamiliar and weird without my two monkeys in the house but I'll be able to check on Harry on Niall during work. Fortunately I work at the same hospital.

After getting ready I went downstairs to make breakfast and the kids lunchboxes.
It was awfully quiet without Niall in the kitchen. Soon Louis and Zayn came down with their bags.

"What do you want for breakfast?", I asked the two boys.
"Daddy, could I have some coco pops please?", Louis asked sweetly.
"Of course Lou. What about you Zayn?", I replied.
"I'd like to have some toasts with eggs.", he said and I nodded.

As soon as we finished I took the boys to school. Louis has been quiet the whole ride which worried me. He's usually very bubbly and talkative.
"Louis are you okay?", I asked him as we arrived. He shook his head.

"I don't want to go to school. I want to visit Papa and Harry. I miss them.", Louis whined as I dropped them off.
"We're going to visit them after school okay?", I said but Louis shook his head and started to cry.
"Shhh don't cry baby. Everything will be fine. I promise after school you can spend a lot of time with Papa and Harry.", I soothed the boy. He slowly calmed down and looked at me.

I wiped his tears away. His eyes were still red and puffy from the crying but it was getting second by second. Louis then nodded.
"Promise me to pick me up as soon as school is over.", he said.
"Of course.", I gave the boy a tight hug.
"Take care dad.", Zayn said. I hugged him as well before sending the boys to school and wishing them a nice day.

As soon as the kids entered the school I drove to the hospital. I decided to check on my loves before getting to work.

"Good morning baby.", I greeted them. Harry was laying in bed and watching some cartoon on the tablet while Niall was on his phone. They both looked up as I spoke. I think they didn't expect me that early. Niall got up and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you babe.", he whispered in my ear.
"I missed you more.", I replied kissing him on his cheek knowing he loves that. Niall smiled.

"Daddy!", Harry yelled obviously wanting my attention. I smiled at him. He looks a bit better but he's still very pale and weak.
"How are you doing sunshine?", I asked Harry as I took him in my arms to cuddle with him.
"I'm fine daddy. I watched some cartoon on papa's tablet. Look!", Harry showed me excited Niall's tablet.
"That's amazing honey.", I smiled. It's so good to see him being a little alive again after these horrible days.

"What about you love?", I asked Niall while still cuddling with Harry.
"I'm doing good. Harry is feeling a little bit better which I'm very glad for after these days. He still has a fever but not as bad as before. I just called in at school to say that Harry and I won't be there for the next few days. I had to send some homework for the students that's why I was kind of busy with my phone. How are you doing? Are Zayn and Louis at school?", Niall asked and I nodded.

"I dropped Louis and Zayn at school about half an hour ago. Louis was crying because he misses you guys and he wants he visit you but I told him he can do it after school.", I said.
"I want to play with Louis!", Harry looked at me with pleading eyes.
"You both can play together once your brother is finished with school yeah? It won't take too long I promise.", I said soothing the little curly boy. He nodded.

"Are you going to work today?", Niall asked looking at my medical bag.
"Yeah, you know I can't take many days off but I'll check on you guys whenever I have time. I'm not far away, just two stations. By the way has the doctor already visited you today?", I switched the topic again.

"Yes. Harry is going to have an ultrasound today to check his thyroid and the doctor is going to run a few more blood tests but Harry is responding to the treatment which is very good. I hope our little sunshine will be fine soon.", Niall said.

"Yeah of course. I'll see if I can meet the doctor again at lunch time or maybe in the afternoon.", I replied.
I gave them two a big hug before leaving the room to go to work.

Author's note
I hope you liked this chapter💫
I'm currently working on updating this story more regularly because I really enjoy writing it.
However I hope you are staying safe and healthy as this is the most important thing right now.
Take care of yourself and stay patient❤
~ L