4) Not Okay

No one's POV
Karen played with his hair softly before she placed the cool cloth on his forehead. She cuddled with him a little bit more until he drifted back to sleep.

Karen's POV
My husband Geoff and me are taking care of Zayn because Liam and Niall have to go to work. They're really working hard and I know they're trying to spend as much time as possible with their kids but sometimes it's not that easy but that's what grandparents are for.

Zayn has been sleeping for good 2 hours now. He's really poorly. I think I've never seen him that sick. Hopefully he'll feel better when he wakes up. I decided to make something to eat for us since Goeff and me haven't eaten yet and Zayn also. I just hope he'll be able to keep anything down. Suddenly I heard footsteps. I looked over to Goeff who just shrugged but also smiled at the same time.

"I guess Zayn's up.", he said as he got up and went toward the stairs. He was right.

I smiled as I saw Zayn looking better than before.

"Are you hungry?", I asked. He smiled and nodded. I placed him a bowl of chicken soup that I have made in hope that he could keep it down.
After he ate everything Geoff checked his temperature.

"37.8° it's not that high but your fever is still there. Does anything hurt?"
"Yeah my whole body is still aching.", Zayn answered sadly.
"Awww baby don't be sad. You'll be fine soon.", his grandad comforted him.

I gave him a hug while Geoff went to the medicine cabinet to get some fever reducer and flu medicine. After a minute he came back and gave it to Zayn. He thanked us and took it. We watched some series together until Zayn fell asleep on the sofa.

Geoff's POV
Zayn is been asleep for 2 hours. Suddenly he woke up coughing. I rubbed his back to calm him down but he continued coughing.
"Shh take a deep breath, breathe." After a minute his coughs died down and he collapsed in my arms. He was so exhausted and still breathing heavy.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah but my chest and throat hurt."
"I'll make you some tea.", Karen suggested and went to the kitchen. I rubbed circles on his back and took his temperature again as he felt warmer to me.

"Oh Zaynie your fever got higher again. You're at 38.4°. Maybe we should do a cool bath?"
He hummed a no and shook his head. Suddenly my phone started to ring. It's Liam.

"Hey son. What's up?", I picked up my phone.
"How's Zayn?", Liam asked. I could clearly hear in his voice that he's really worried.
"Well he was doing better this morning but now his fever got higher and he just had a coughing fit. He said his chest and throat hurt."

"My poor baby. How high is his fever? Did you give him some medicine?"
"He's at 38.4° and yes I gave him some fever reducer and flu medicine after breakfast because you told us that he has the flu."

"Yeah that's right. I suggest you should make him some tea until Niall comes back with the kids. They should be home in 2 hours."
"Yeah your mum already made some tea for Zayn. Alright we'll just keep an eye on him and if he gets worse we'll call you."
"Thank you so much dad. See ya later."

Zayn fell asleep again after he drank his tea. We were watching him closely. He look worse than this morning and we're worried. We just hope he'll feel better after his nap.

No one's POV
Back at school Harry was starting to get a tummy ache. He whined and the teacher came over to him to ask what's wrong.

"Tummy hurt" Harry whimpered.
"Do you feel sick" the teacher said not sure if the boy was taking it.

Harry nodded slightly.
"Wanna go home.", he said as he turned pale.

The teacher tried to help him up but before they could move anywhere Harry threw up over the floor and started to cry.

A few students laughed. Others felt sorry for the poorly boy.
His teacher decided to better call his dad before cleaning everything up.

As Liam picked the phone up he felt sorry for his baby. He immediately jumped into his car and made his way to Harry's school.

Meanwhile Harry threw up again but luckily there was a bucket next to him. The teacher carried on rubbing his back to calm him down as he was crying.

After a few minutes Liam finally arrived at his son's school. He gently picked Harry up and kissed him softly on his forehead.

"Oh my poor baby. You're burning up. Does your stomach hurt?", Liam asked as he placed Harry in his car. Harry nodded sadly and his dad frowned.

Liam placed a little bucket infront of Harry just in case. Luckily nothing happened during the ride and they finally arrived home.

As they were about to enter the house Harry's stomach flipped and he whimpered. Soon enough he threw up outside the front door. His dad tried his best to comfort the poor little boy who was crying.

Karen and Geoff heard Harry's crying and rushed to them as fast as they could.
Liam carried Harry into the living room and laid him down onto the sofa as he finished throwing up. Meanwhile Karen made some tea for the poor boys and Goeff went out to get some medicine.

A minute later the grandad came back with a blanket, some medicine and a thermometer to take the boy's temperature. Liam placed it carefully under his arm but sighed as he saw the number.

"38.9°C, that's not good. Haz, daddy is going to get you a cool cloth okay? I promise I'll be quick.", he pointed out and Harry nodded weakly.

Liam got a cold cloth and placed it on his son's forehead. He took the medicine from his dad and gave it to Harry who complained about the disgusting taste but smiled as he saw his grandma coming with some tea. He took it gratefully and sipped a few times. Soon as Harry fell asleep Liam decided to text his husband.

> To Nialler:
I picked Harry up from school earlier because he's sick. He probably catched that what Zayn has.

> To Lima:
Awww poor boy. I hope he's doing okay. I'll be home with Louis within an hour. See ya, Nxx

> To Nialler:
Maybe you can go out for dinner with Louis? Would be better for him than hanging out with two sick brothers.

> To Lima:
Yeah you're right. Let's see. Text me if there are any updates. Love you loads, Nxx

Harry coughed till a small amount of his lunch made its way up. Liam carried on rubbing his back as he whined.

"Don't wanna. It hurts. Daddy make it stop!", he cried out.
"You need to let it out. It will make you feel better.", Liam soothed the small boy.
"I don't like it daddy.", Harry whined once again before throwing up.

Some minutes after he stopped emptying his stomach he fell asleep on his dad's lap.

Author's note
I'm so sorry for this late update but unfortunately I had to stay at the hospital for a few days. I'm better now and I'll try to give quicker updates but I can't promise anything because I'm quite busy with school. We're writing a lot of exams nowadays but hopefully it'll be over soon :)
Anyway thank you so much for reading and voting on my story❤
It honestly means a lot and as I said I'll try my best to be more active. I hope you all are having a good day/night.
~ L