Ant

I woke to another bright sky beginning another sunny day. Typical for living in the Aether. I hadn't been anywhere else lately. There was a lot of business to get done up here and not a lot of time to get it all finished.

But today was special. I hadn't been given explicit permission to leave, but today I planned on dropping down to the Overworld to flaunt my survival skills anyway. Just a hobby of mine. Or just an excuse to leave the castle.

I had luckily woken up fairly early, so there weren't too many people around, letting me wander the castle rather freely. Even with the minimum amount of workers walking the halls, I still had to keep my guard up.

I knew Jeb was probably still about, that guy hardly slept. He was most likely keeping eyes all around the grounds for my father, the king, god, Notch, whatever you wanted to call him. Jeb was like his little watch dog, his personal pair of eyes in the sky. He basically kept everything in perfect order. Fun. I knew that if I wanted to make it out of here, I would have to avoid him at all costs. He would report me straight to Father, I'm sure.

So I carefully skittered down the hall, out the door, and away from the castle grounds. Out here was like a safe zone for me. I could fend for myself and not get fussed over every second. It was perfect.

I wasn't far from the portal now. I could see the bright glowstone and the swirling blue mist. Taking one cautious glance back, I stepped into the portal and fell over into the Overworld.