Jordan

"I can't have you leaving me."

I felt a light blush taint my cheeks for a moment, Ant's face mirroring mine. I shook my head to rid myself of the blush and turned away from him.

How was he giving me butterflies if I had just met him? I wanted to believe he returned my feelings but-No. I had to escape. I couldn't put him, or anyone else, in danger.

"Jordan?" Ant placed a hand on my shoulder, but I couldn't bring myself to look back at him. Why were my walls failing me? How was I falling for him? "Jordan. I..." he trailed off.

"We should go then," I squeaked, wanting to clear my mind and change the subject. I turned to Ant, who looked like he had something to say before shutting his mouth again and nodding in agreement.

"Y-Yeah. We should, um, get going."

He got up and we started out the door, silent and bashful. The quiet of the forest was nice, nicer than anything in the Nether. It was even nicer knowing that Ant was here walking with me. I felt, for once, calm.

We stayed at a steady pace, me slightly in front of Ant, walking slowly in the absence of either of our voices. Adam's house was still a bit of a ways off, but we were in no hurry. It was when the first bit of sun began to set that it he did it.

Ant reached out from behind me and grabbed my hand. I turned around quickly, expecting him to have a question for me like he usually does when he grabs me. (Grabs me? Someone's got to grab me out of the gutter.) Instead, he just stood there, his hand still clasped over mine, a dark blush on his face.

"Ant?" I muttered. My face was reddening with every second he held on, but it didn't seem like he was planning on letting go anytime soon. "A-Ant?" My voice was a wavering mutter and I tugged a bit on his hand. He was avoiding my gaze, his blush getting darker.

It was like time slowed down. Ant wasn't moving. I wasn't moving. The only sound between the two of us was the wind in the trees and my occasional whisper of his name. We stayed that way for a long while before he acted up again.

Tugging me by the hand he still held tightly, I was pulled forward.

And my eyes couldn't help but widen as his lips crashed onto mine. (I am ridiculously proud of that sentence.)