Arrow

"Hey."
A solitary figure stood, front and center, facing the audience. She looked angry.
"I'm finished. There'll be no more of this. I've become uninterested and lazy and a bit annoyed at your lack of reciprocation. The story's over then, alright? Is that okay with you all?"
There were not many people there in the auditorium with her. The few faces that had stayed this long seemed distracted and vacant at best. There was no response. The girl at the front stomped her foot.
"Are you even listening anymore? Do you even care?" Her anger seemed to be fading to disappointment. "I-I'll leave this story! I..." She stopped and sighed. It was no use. Anyone who would have cared was long gone by now. Even she had felt her original excitement with the story fade to a shadowy desire to please. But now there was no one left to please. She plopped down on the stage.
"Maybe I'll just stop. I'm not that interested anymore; they're not interested anymore," she muttered to herself. "They won't care if I stop. Of course, the story will be left but..."
She looked out over the mostly empty seats. The handful of people who had stayed were either checking their phones, milling about, or absentmindedly chatting with the others. She stood again and dumped the manuscript onto the stage.
"Hey all!" she called to the mish-mash of people. Only a few looked up. "I'm just going to leave this here okay? I'm going home now. Have a nice night."
She hopped off the stage and walked past the unfazed gathered. When she got to the door and looked back, no one had moved; the story stayed piled on the stage.
The door shut behind her.
~ ~ ~
So how does that make you feel? Would you be okay if I just left this here? I don't have anymore chapters written for this; the storyline, as it continues, is vague at best. I really would love to continue, but if no one wants to read it I'm going to stop. This story's become a bit of a burden for me and if it's unnecessary then it's getting dropped. This is all on you.
Also sorry to all the people who have abandoned stories for legitimate reasons. The above was just a cynical, satirical lashing that I felt needed to be put out there. I actually am getting a bit annoyed with my - no, our - lack of communication. It also feels terrible that many fans are sort of abandoning this fandom and, though I promised I would try not to throw myself in with that crowd, I feel the fandom's not really going anywhere. At least not this branch. Ant and Jordan and all those other Minecraft-y guys, though all great, have been getting a little repetitive for me.
So yeah, I should stop ranting. Main points: Should this story stop?, dying fandom, communication issues, crying...
Sorry.
~Arrow