Ant

I paced the floor nervously, wringing my hands and checking the window when I passed. Quietly the door knob began turning and I stood in desperate anticipation as the door slowly creaked open.

"Jordan!" I cried, flinging my arms around him before being harshly thrown off. "Where have you been? I was worried sick."

He just huffed and rolled his eyes. "Chill out dad," he retorted, emphasizing a tone of hatred when he said dad, "I was just exploring."

"Exploring? Where?" I questioned, nervous again.

"Oh. Nowhere. N-Nowhere important at least," he stammered. Now I wasn't only nervous but also suspicious.

"Jordan-"

"Where'd you get that necklace?" he interrupted sounding shaky and unsure.

"I-Wait why do you need to know?" I had him trapped now.

"Fine then, never mind. I don't need to know!" He turned and started heading towards the door again. Against my common instinct, I reached out and grabbed his arm.

"No, Jordan." He turned to face me, his usual glare seemed softer. "It's from my dad. It-It's just to remind me where home is, alright?" I somehow couldn't let him leave. I didn't want to see him go.

He gently pulled my hand off of him and gently pushed me to the bed where he sat me down. (Get out of the gutter, alright?) "So is Adam your brother then?"

My eyes widened but I kept my head down and simply nodded. I couldn't believe he had gone to Adam's house without telling me. Adam probably felt like this when I told Ty information he wanted to keep secret.

"Did he tell you anything?" Adam thought I was a dirty liar. If he told that to Jordan I didn't know what I would do.

Jordan let out a rather relieved sounding sigh. "He didn't see me. But he seemed worried about you. His friend was too." There was something in his voice that sounded... Disappointed? "You should go talk to them."

I looked up at him, a confused look on my face. "You just want me to leave so you can run away don't you?" His reassuring smile weakened, almost to a frown. "Well, you're going to have to come with me either way. I can't have you leaving me." (That's appropriate to say right?)