Ant

I woke without the sun in my eyes for a change. Instead there were two bright eyes parallel to mine. I would have screamed had there not been a hand over my mouth.

"Ant. Come with me, alright?" It was Ty.

I silently nodded, his hand still clamped over my mouth to keep me from giving him away. He turned and motioned for me to follow. Soon we were behind the house.

"What's this all about, Ty? It's the middle of the night," I yawned.

Ty shrugged sheepishly. "I need you to tell me what happened. What happened between Adam and your dad."

I could feel my eyes significantly widen. Was Adam okay with this? "Ty," I whispered, "what about Adam?"

"Just tell me," he demanded.

I sighed but complied to his pleas. "So Adam and dad, or Notch, whatever he calls him, were never really on close terms. Adam was particularly rebellious against him, especially when you and Adam..." I trailed off.

He nodded in acknowledgment, giving me the okay to continue.

"Well, Adam was adamant to stay with you, regardless of dad's judgement, so he ran off with you down here. And geez, the fights they got into. You better stay with Adam forever, 'cause if you don't, he'll have nowhere to go."

"Well, why's Adam so sour with you then?" Ty asked. It was an innocent question, but it still picked at a bit of a sore spot for me. Plus, I was pretty sure Adam was being kept out of this conversation for a reason.

"When all this fighting was going on, I didn't really want to be involved. I tried to stay out of it and Adam mistook my reclusion for abandonment."

"I didn't mistake anything you wretch!" Ty and I both whipped around, eyes wide in shock as Adam stepped outside. He motioned harshly for Ty to come over as he glared at both of us. Ty bowed his head, muttered an apology, then walked silently over to Adam where he cowered beside him.

"A-Adam. I-"

"Shut it Ty. I'm going to talk to you later," Adam huffed before turning his attention back to me. "And I want you out. If I wanted to tell Ty about it, I would tell him. I wouldn't have him hear it from a dirty traitor like you." He turned and pulled Ty inside with him, slamming the door behind him. He was always like this when he was tired or upset. He would make rash decisions and act out when he didn't mean it.

But there I stood, out in the middle of the night with nowhere to go. I certainly wasn't going back to the portal, as I would most definitely be in huge trouble back home. So I started walking back into the forest. I would just have to build my own little shelter.