Ant

"So how long do you think you'll stay Ant?"

"I don't know. I don't want to be a bother for you and Ty or anything." I really didn't know how long I would be boycotting home.

"It's fine, Ant. You can stay as long as you need. Ty and I don't mind at all." Adam grinned, but I could tell it was half-hearted. We had been on thin ice with each other for a while now, especially after he moved away from home to live with his Ender-lover Ty. Catching each other up on the way had really opened up some old sores.

"Really. We don't mind," Ty smiled from the doorway as we arrived at he and Adam's house.

I smiled as the two hugged and invited me in. We all sat down together as if to have a conversation, but no talking actually happened. This was the first time I had stayed with Adam since he moved away and there wasn't anything we really wanted to talk about. The silence was broken, however, when Ty spoke up.

"So what's you guys' dad like anyway?" he asked.

Adam tensed at the mention of our father, especially because it was Ty who brought him up. "You really don't need to know, Ty," he muttered.

Ty pouted. "See Ant!" He glanced pointedly at Adam before turning to me. "He won't tell me anything about him. Not even why he seems to dislike him so much. You have to tell me Ant. Please."

Adam sent me a warning glare. "Ty-"

"No, I want to know."

I really wasn't sure what to do at this point. Ty obviously wanted answers to questions Adam refused to answer. However, Adam certainly had his reasons for not wanting to talk about it, though. Even I had things about dad I would want secret.

"Maybe... Maybe this is a conversation for another time," I frowned. I knew Ty would want to know, and I knew Adam still needed some time to decide about it so I just left it there and excused myself. I didn't want to be in the middle of a fight between those two and it was getting late anyway.

Before I fell asleep I thought I heard a cry coming from the forest.

Hey, Arrow here. So update your calendars because I'm speeding up the releases of this story. Not only will you have a chapter of DD on Tuesdays, but also on Thursdays. I just felt that, since I have a lot of stuff to post all of the sudden, I'll be able to post more frequently. Every once and a while I might post something that isn't DD but it will still be on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That's all, have a great week!

~Arrow