Remembrance

(Y/N) awoke in the chair. She couldn't remember why she was there. "Ready To Comply." She blurted. She was unsure of her actions until an agent handed her a manila folder. She glanced through the contents. An image of an one-eyed, black man was displayed on a file.

"You and your partner are assigned to eliminate Nick Fury, the Director of S.H.E.I.L.D." She nodded and handed the file back. The agent smirked and released (Y/N) from the uncomfortable machine. She stood straight and James looked at her. A slight frown grew on his face.

James escorted (Y/N) towards the armory. (Y/N) mounted an AK47 to her back and strapped some pistols to her thigh holsters. James collected his guns and led (Y/N) to the bikes. She mounted one and he mounted the other. They drove from the compound in perfect sync. They both swerved through the streets.

They arrived at a quaint apartment building. "Here." James grumbled, tossing his goggles to (Y/N). She caught the goggles and he began to scale a building. "You're backup in this. If Captain interferes, you're it." (Y/N) nodded and smiled from beneath the mask. James disappeared onto a roof. The masked assassin sat on her cycle in that dark alley. She watched as cars went by and people passed to get to their Saturday night parties and such. (Y/N) admired the fancy clothing everybody wore, jealous that she couldn't wear them herself.

She was ripped from her thoughts when gunfire was heard. A masculine voice rung out and the sound of metal hitting metal was prominent. (Y/N) swiftly scaled a nearby building and landed on her feet. She looked towards the commotion to find James sprinting across the rooftops and away from Steve.

Time stopped when Steve looked behind him and met her eyes. "(Y/N)? Why are you here?" Her eyes narrowed as you sprinted towards the blonde. "(Y/N)! LISTEN TO ME! THIS ISN'T YOU! IT'S ALL HYDRA IN THERE!" He yelled, pointing to her head. She stopped dead in your tracks. "This is the only me I've ever known, Captain." She growled.

He was slightly taken aback but stood his ground. James was long gone, probably back at the compound. Steve huffed and looked into your eyes, pleading. Her glare grew harsher, blocking out the urge to give in.
"Listen (Y/N). You, Buck, and I were together to the end of the line." Her legs grew weak and her eyes widened with realization.

"St-Steve?" Steve gasped and smiled. He nodded. "We need to get you outta here. Hydra's gonna be looking for you." A tear rolled down (Y/N)'s cheek. "You're alive?" Steve nodded to her and guided her towards Avengers' Tower. "Welcome back, (Y/N/N)"