Decisions, Texts and A Break-Down

I wake up the next morning to get ready for school. I check my phone.

MUM

Where have you been? I’ve been trying to call all night.

MUM

Kaycee! Get home NOW!

MUM

I called work! I no your not working and I know you haven’t been for the past 2 days.

MUM

You haven’t even been staying at Christies. If your with a boy then you better get your stuff and get the f*** out ‘cause I don’t want you bringing a baby bump home!

MUM

I don’t care were you are your out.

MUM

I know I’ve been harsh but I’m worried about you. I understand if you don’t want to come home because of the past few messages just let me know your safe and get home tonight. We need to talk. I know something’s wrong.

I was balling my eyes out and had just grabbed a razor blade out of my bag when Tristan walked in.

“STOP! What the hell? Kaycee STOP!”

He grabbed me held me, held me close and rocked me back and forth while I cried. He saw the phone sitting beside me and started reading it. He started crying a bit too.

“Do you want me to come?”

“No probably not. I will have to go alone.”

“Will you tell her?”

“I think I will have to.”

“I think I want to be there for you.”

“Well I will go home. Apologize and tell her I need to introduce her to someone. As its Saturday tomorrow. We can go out for lunch and tell her then. “

“Sounds good. Are you nervous?”

“Very! But if she kicks me out at least you’re here. I would rather her kick me out then mock me in or make me have an abortion.”

“Wait! Hold up. She cant actually make you have an abortion can she?”

“No I don’t think so. But she may make me choose.”

“Between?”

“Between the baby and them”

“I don’t think I’m following…”

“Between being with you and keeping the baby or living with them and seeing them etc.”

“What will you do?”

“Well, I love my family. I really do. But if it comes to that I wont look at my mum the same again. She would be asking me to commit murder. I will not kill this kid. Not at all. And I could never leave you.”

“That’s good to here. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though.”

“Hopefully.”

“Now you little kiddy its time for school.”

I punch him in the arm.

“Who you calling little?”

“Seriously though babe it’s 9:10 your late. They will call your mum and she will be even angrier.”

“Lets go. I’m going to call DanDan in the car. She sent me a text saying mum was trying to call her and though I had caught a bus to stay with her.

“Ok. No worries. Lets get going.”

“Race you!”

“Are you allowed to do that?” He laughed.

“Gee, I can see this will be a GREAT pregnancy”

“Well I love you.”

“I know!”

“Rejection! Now lets go!”