Chapter 4- a man's love

"Detention is now over.
Go home you embarrassments "

Mr. Smith's voice boomed out to the 4 other learners who attended after-school attention.
My eyes darted to the clock above, ticking slowly.

'6:00 pm'

After my incident with Petra
She was rushed to the nurse and Mr. Smith didn't even speak a word to me.
Instead, he dragged me to detention where I have been sitting from
9:00am-6:00pm
Skipping all meals of the day
as well as no bathroom privilege.
On top of all that I'm still expelled.

The two other learners were already long gone as Mr. Smith clicked his tongue and walked over to me, leaning his hands on the desk as he spoke.

"That includes you, Jaeger.
See you in two weeks"

With that, he walked out of the room and I rushed past him, stumbling to the nearest bathroom where I threw up until I felt weak.

It was only Mr. Smith and I left behind in the school and I heard him lock up all the doors as My stomach growled and head span.

I decide to pull out my phone
Checking a message from Armin as my heart dropped.

Armin: Hey Eren, my parents came to school today and heard of what you did.
It'll be best if we keep distant for a while so you can't come over.
I'm sorry dude
Only until they're convinced you're a good influence

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and blankly got up to rinse my mouth and face.

"I- I can't go home, w-where can i-"

Realization hit me

"Mr. Smith"

I stumbled out the bathroom door then out the school as I ran into the parking lot and found Mr.Smith climbing into his Bentley as I called out.

"Mr. Smith WAIT!"

His blue eyes shot up to look at me flatly before he stopped the car engine and sighed.

"If it's a lift home, forget i-"

"I-its actually more I need from you sir "

I stuttered, nervous to ask such a huge task
Nonetheless from my principal but anything then going home is better.

I hung my flushed cheeks as I spoke.

"Let me stay with you for just tonight please sir. I- I can't go home... "

He took a moment before raising his eyebrow and smirked.

"Why is that Eren?"

He said My name sweetly which caught me off guard as I lifted my head and locked eyes with him, melting under his gaze.

"G-Grisha is not there"

"But isn't there a babysitter he organized?"

Mr. Smith cocked his head to the side as my cheeks flushed and I looked to the side, my heart sinking.

"S-something like that but please sir.
You won't see me for two weeks
I just ask a night
I won't bother you
I won't even be there I'll be so quiet "