raindrops - e.d

credits to fallinginlove-16 on tumblr!

The rain outside was pouring loudly yet the silence between you and Ethan seemed to be deafening. Fights weren't always pretty between the two of you, after having screamed at each other on the verge of tears. You knew he loved you, but sometimes you just felt so insecure over it. And at times, Ethan didn't always help it.

You looked outside once more, and just let out a strangled sob. But it almost feel comforting as though the sky was crying with you. Tears dribbled down your face as you took a step outside, feeling the rain mix as it trickled down your body. You looked to the dark sky, closing your eyes finally finding some silence amongst all the worries and problems crowding your mind. The heavy rain was beating down whilst you continue to listened to the sounds it made. You knew you were probably going to get sick, your clothes and hair already clinging to your body, yet you couldn't find it in yourself to care anymore. Like how the rain fell from your body, you let go of the problems that made you feel anxious and worried, even if it was for only a while. The sounds the rain produced allowed you to focus on other things rather than what you were feeling. Because you knew that once those thoughts began, they wouldn't stopped. Instead though, you focused on the rain felt. How it dampened your hair and how beat against your body. You were always a lover of rain. The perfect lullaby for when you were sleeping, the comfort you felt when it was just the rain and you. And as the rain rushed down your body you felt your sadness and worry go down with it. Calmness and peacefulness filled your brain instead. You felt a presence behind you, someone hesistantly coming closer to you. You turned, your wet hair flying behind you, throwing small raindrops in its wake. It was none other than Ethan. He stood, looking at you. You watched as the rain drizzle down his perfect body and face. How the quiff in his hair began to deflate. How the raindrops dropped down his cheek and neck and down his arms. He looked at you, his eyes filled with sorrow and sadness. Like how yours held only 5 minutes ago. But instead of saying anything you smiled. And Ethan knew that you weren't angry and that you were okay. Because to him, your eyes could hold more words than your mouth ever could. Relief flooded his veins as he came closer to you, wanting to be in your embrace. He wanted to apologise, so much things to say to you but you looked so content staring at the deep grey sky. It reminded him of those cliche lovey dovey movies you'd force him to watch. He was only glad Grayson wasn't here to make fun of him. But he knew he would take Gray's teasing for the rest of his life if it meant you'd be happy with him. He smirked, gently holding your hand and turning your body towards him. You looked at him with a raised brow. "I thought you hated these types of things?" you let out a soft chuckle, staring in to his hazel eyes, watching the rain pelt down against it. "It is...but you know what?" He whispered, his fingers gently stroking your jaw and pushing back some hair that fell in front of your face. You didn't reply, your eyes held the curiosity. He let out a chuckle and his face came ever so close to yours, lips just a hair away. "I'd do this with you any day" he murmured and with that, he leaned down and captured your lips in a sweet kiss. His other hand held yours, his fingers interlacing tightly. The rain continued to pour down from the sky but it didn't bother you at all. Not all relationships were 'perfect' but you knew the one you and Ethan shared would always be worth the fights.