Chapter 3: Revenge

Chapter 3: Revenge

Harry’s mouth dropped into a perfect ‘o’.

“You’re joking.”

Hermione regrettably shook her head. 

“I don’t know what’s got into me. I just randomly started daydreaming about him.”

Harry stared at her for a full minute before saying, “Come on. Let’s go to our common room. We can’t let anyone hear this, or you’re done for.” Back in their common room, they sat down on the comfy couches. “What were you thinking about him?”

“I was thinking that he was handsome, and his hair was better looking and argh... what am I going to do Harry?”

“Don’t worry; I think it’s just the stress from your books.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

Neither of them had a chance to say anything again when they heard a tapping on the window. Harry walked over and opened the window, letting the owl fly into the room. The tawny owl dropped a letter, and package in front of Hermione. She curiously and opened it. When she finished reading, she gave a loud squeal of obvious delight. She lifted her head up from the parchment, face glowing with pride.

“What does it say? I haven’t seen you like that for ages!”

Hermione handed Harry the parchment, and he it was a letter from the publishers:

Dear Miss Hermione Granger,

We are pleased to say that your book ‘The Truths of Harry Potter’ has been published. We have already made 100 books. The first 100 books have been sent to Flourish and Blotts. Depending on the income of the book, we will decide whether to publish anymore. Great to associate with you, and once again congratulations!

Joshua Spicer

“Congratulations!” he exclaimed when he finished reading.

“Thanks!”

She ripped open the parcel, and a gold and silver emblazoned book fell onto the table. Before she could take in the information, a second tawny landed in front of her with today’s Evening Prophet.

“Can I see this?” Harry asked. It was like his daily routine. Having that he received nothing everyday, he asked Hermione for her Daily Prophets and Evening Prophets. Hermione nodded while scanning through her book.

“Hey, look at this!”

Hermione’s name was on the front page headline. Hermione took one glance at it, and snatched it from Harry’s grip. She read out the article out loud. 

“Hermione Granger, Trying to Shine. 

Hermione Granger, known throughout the seventh years in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as the best student of the year. However, her modesty has deceived her, and she can’t stand a bit of showing off. She has always been best friends with the famous Harry Potter, but knowing that he is famous throughout the whole of the wizarding world, she would want some fame. Who wouldn’t?”

Hermione looked up from the paper, she seemed close to tears, but she continued anyway.

“Hermione Granger published a book- The Truths of Harry Potter. This book contains many hints that she was the heroic one, and not Harry Potter.”

Hermione’s voice cracked, she stopped, and burst into tears. Harry pulled her into a hug, and she sobbed into his shoulder. He looked at the newspaper again, and saw at the bottom of the page, it said Rita Skeeter.