Chapter 19: Memories

Hermione landed in a room that was dark. There was some people sitting at tables doing what looked like homework, with a jolt she saw Draco sitting, or rather lying on a couch.

“What have you been doing these days? I haven’t seen for ages,” he asked Blaise Zabini when he walked in.

“I’ve been with Matilda Nottingway.”

“Who?”

“She’s a Hufflepuff.”

“You’ve been going out with a Hufflepuff?” asked Draco, astounded. 

“Just for a dare. I dumped just then. Bet you won’t do that. You’re too scared of sneering from other Slytherins.”

“Want a bet?”

The scene changed and Hermione was standing this time in what was no doubt the Slytherin boys dormitory. Draco was sitting on his bed and was muttering a spell into a beautifully wrapped box. With another wave of his wand a note appeared and attached itself to the box. Hermione walked over and read it. To the prettiest girl in Hogwarts. Draco Malfoy. And then it hit Hermione. This was the present Draco gave her at Christmas. The scene dissolved again and when it appeared, Hermione was standing in the shop she and Ginny went dress shopping for. 

“What the hell?” Hermione murmured. As far as she could remember, she never saw Malfoy there. “Why the hell am I here?”

Just as she asked it, her question was answered. The door opened with a tinkle and Draco walked in, he was holding a small package and a very large package. 

“Mr Malfoy, what a surprise to see you here!” said the shop owner, bowing low. 

Hermione rolled her eyes. Did everyone know the Malfoys? Apparently yes.

“Whatever, listen I need you to get a girl in my year with curly, wild, brown hair to buy these two things. Bewitch it, charm it, force her, do anything to make her buy this dress and this set of jewellery okay?”

The shop owner looked rather alarmed but nodded all the same. She took two packages from Draco and ripped off the wrappings. There it was. It was the beautiful dress Hermione wore to the Christmas ball, and when the owner ripped off the second wrapping, Hermione saw the set of necklace, earrings and bracelet she matched with her dress. So all of these had been from Draco… a tear rolled down Hermione’s cheek. She rubbed it away and when the world was no longer blurry, Hermione registered she was at the Christmas Ball. She saw herself pushing away Draco and running of to her dormitory, leaving Draco standing along on the dance floor; his hands were balled into fists.

“You run away Granger, run away. But I swear I will make you to pounce yourself on me one day.”

Again the scene changed and Draco, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle were all huddled together. “So just go with the plan okay?”

“His coming,” Blaise quickly said. Hermione turned and saw Harry walking towards them, gnashing his teeth. Both he and Ron looked very annoyed. 

“Do you think Potter will apologise to Hermione? I’m really worried about her. Not herself these days,” Draco quickly said. “ If I don’t hear from Hermione that Potter has said sorry to her in three day’s time, I’ll hex him.”

“I never knew you would do anything for that Mudblood,” said Blaise

“DO-NOT-CALL-HER-A-MUDBLOOD! Pernaticlous!” Giant banana shaped like things erupted all over Blaise’s face. “That’s for calling my girlfriend a Mudblood.”

Hermione looked at Harry who turned towards Ron.

“You know, I think I owe Hermione an apology.”

“You never know, that ferret could be acting.”

“Yeah. I’m going to keep a close watch over him for the next few days

The scene dissolved but came quickly.

“Potter is going to be dead today.” Draco said to Crabbe who was huffing and puffing behind him. “Three days, no apology.”

“Did you want me ferret?” said Harry taking of his cloak.

“As a matter of fact, yes. I’ve come to give you a little late Christmas present. Pernaticlous!”

“Protego!”

The spell bounded of the shield in front of Harry. Draco ducked just in time.

Tarantellegra!

“Expelliarmus
!

They both ducked. The spell nearly hit Harry by inches.