Chapter 20: The End

Chapter 20: The End

“Hermione?” It was Harry. “Hey,  how long have you been sitting in front of the lake?”

"One hour and forty minutes and nineteen seconds,” Hermione replied.

Harry was shocked at the response but quickly recovered. 

“You were gone ever since Malfoy asked you to go with him, what happened?”

“I… I don’t really want to talk about it. I’m sorry Harry.”

“Okay then. Well, I need to talk to you.” Hermione looked at Harry quizzically. “Look, I know Malfoy loves you. Don’t interrupt! I know loves you- the speech, the way he looks at you and etcetera. And I know you still love him,” Hermione didn’t reply but merely stared guiltily and her feet.  “You’ve been trying to forget him, but you’ve failed pretty bad, no offence. I know you still think about him everyday, I’ve heard you calling his name in your sleep. I fell really bad, because even though I love you very much, but I still interfered with your relationship and I thought about this for a long time, but I want  you to pursue it back.” 

Hermione’s head snapped up.

“What did you just say?” she whispered.

“I said, I want you to pursue back the relationship  you and Malfoy both deserve.”

“Do you really want me to get back together with Draco again?” Hermione’s voice was below audible now.

Harry nodded. “I want you to be happy.”

“Thank you Harry!” Hermione squealed and gave Harry a hug. “Thank you!”

And she sprinted up to the castle.

(*)

Harry stared at the water. True, he did want Hermione and Malfoy to get back together, but it still really hurt him to let her go like that. He blinked away the tears that threatened to fall.

“Hey mate, you feeling okay?”

Ron sat down next Harry.

“Yeah, I’m fine! Come one, lets go pack.”

Harry and Ron stood and slowly made their way to the castle.

(*)

Hermione stood without moving. Where was Draco? She checked the dungeons, the Great Hall, all the classrooms, asked some boy to check the bathrooms, the kitchens, the Astronomy tower, the Clock Tower and even her dormitory, but he was nowhere to be found. Where could he possibly be? Don’t tell me he’ s still in the Headmistress office… She sprinted off to the office.

“Oh what’s the password again? Uh, uh, uh oh! Dumbledore!” 

The gargoyle leapt aside and Hermione hurled onto the steps, she didn’t even knock on the door but yanked it open. What she had been expecting was not this. Draco was certainly there, but he was lying on the floor and he looked unconscious. 

“No!”

She ran over to him and kneeled down next to him, tears started falling down non-stop down her face. 

“No! No please, wake up Draco! Wake up!” She buried her face in his chest. “Please wake up! I love you Draco!”

“You do?” a croaky voice said.

“Draco! You’re alive!” Hermione exclaimed.

“Who said I was dead? I just-“  Draco broke off and fainted again.