Chapter 9: The Truth Behind the Apology

Chapter 9: The Story Behind the Apology

After what seemed like hours, Ron finally opened his mouth. 

“Why didn’t you say before? She wouldn’t have anything to do with Malfoy-“

“But enemies,” Harry interrupted angrily.

“Yeah, but enemies, if you told your feelings you had towards her. You guys might even be going out now!”

“What about you Ron? If we went out, you would be left out. Especially since you broke up with Lavender.”

“How did you know I broke up with Lavender?” Ron asked with a tone of amazement in his voice.

"You sat down with us instead of her. Normally, you would sit down with her. If you didn’t break up with her why else would you be sitting with us?” Harry finally grinned. “So, any reason?”

“As a matter of fact, yes. Luna seems lonely.”

“Is it out of pity?”

“No. Look, why can’t you forgive Hermione?”

“You can be so thick sometimes. How would you feel if Luna started going out with someone? Would you forgive her easily?”

“Yes. When you really like someone, you would want that person to be happy, and you wouldn’t be selfish by wanting that person all to yourself. Though you would want them to be with you, but sometimes, it can’t be achieved.” Ron ended with a sigh.

Harry stared at Ron, flabbergasted. When did it come to Ron giving him girl advice?

“If you’ve got a sister who knows everything about it, you will know too,” Ron said quickly, seeing the look on Harry’s face. “So, now are you going to forgive Hermione?”

“Fat chance. Come on Ron. I will if she’s going out with anyone else, but seeing as it’s Malfoy…” Harry ended his sentence, not exactly finished, but there was a sort final tone his voice.

“Don’t you know? Girls don’t give up on their boyfriends or crushes easily. Look at Ginny.”

“You’ve got a fair point there.”

Harry and Ron spent the rest of the morning before their first lesson chatting about ‘stubborn girls’.

(*)

Slytherins and Gryffindors had DADA, Potions and Charms together. Draco noticed that during all of those lessons, Hermione sat by herself. She didn’t put up her hands up as much, but stared down at her books. Slightly worried about this, Draco tried to pursue her after Potions, but got stopped by his mother, who turned out to be asking him, if he was being well fed without his usual sweets she sent him.

After Defence Against the Dark Arts, Lupin called him back to clear up the mess he made while trying to defend off the Forngether. Finally after Charms, he had the chance to go find Hermione. Draco found Hermione sitting at the foot of the Grand Staircase.

“Hermione, did something happen?”

“I told Harry, Ron and Ginny about you know, our relationship.”

“How did it go?” Draco asked, very eager to hear their reaction.

“Ginny was perfectly fine with. She was a bit shocked at first, but she got over it pretty quick. Ron, I don’t know, but Harry is the problem. He went a bit hysterical, and we had this giant fight. “

“You know, I’ve always wondered, why does Potter always have to ruin things? Always!”

“He can’t help it. It’s he’s nature. Too easy to frustrate.”