Chapter 7: Civilising, Making Out and Returning

They emerged from the library, chatting at random. Draco decided that this would be the best time to ask Hermione out. He thought about kissing her again, but decided against it. Asking’s the best, he thought silently. 

“Hermione, can you go out with me?”

Hermione’s facial expression turned suddenly very alarmed. I don’t think so, Draco thought bitterly.

“Er, Draco, I highly think that this isn’t exactly the time to talk about this.”

“Okay. Im sorry.”

They walked back to Hermione’s dorm in awkward silence. Before Draco and Hermione even reached the Great Hall, the world was turned upside down.

“What the hell!”

“Don’t panic! Harry told me about something like this after he competed in the third task of the Tournament. Just take a step forwards and I think it would be alright. I’ll try first.”

Hermione took one step forward, and Hermione suddenly was standing the right way, but to Draco, she was upside down. Draco placed one foot in front of him, and he landed on a heap on top of Hermione.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t know that’ll happen!”

“No need to be sorry Hermione.”

She tried to push him off her, but he slipped on something slimy on the ground; and their lips banged against each other. Draco finally he managed to stand up again, and he helped Hermione up.

“Whew! Thank Draco.”

“No need.” 

“I think, Peeves, you can come out now,” Hermione said angrily.

Cackling, Peeves zoomed out from behind a suit of armour, and flew off, still cackling.

“I really wish that he can disappear,” Hermione said sadly. “Um, now that we’ve got him out of the way, I’ve got to go and reply Harry’s letter.  Well, bye!” 

“Bye!” Draco tried his best to sound cheerful, but he knew he was failing greatly with his plan. “Granger’s too hard. No one has ever rejected me,” he said silently to himself.

(*)

“You seem to be in a right fix Dracol,” Blaise was looking at him, smirking. “Or have you just no been trying?”

“Shut up.” Draco hated Blaise when he said he wasn’t trying. 

Draco went back to his dormitory and sat on his bed. That mudblood, will be the first, and last person to reject me. I swear I will make her say yes.

(*)

Hermione was sitting on her bed, staring into space, unbelieving what Draco had said.  She rejected him straight away, but now when she thought back at the matter, Hermione realised that she was regretting it. Draco was slowly becoming nicer, and he hadn’t called her mudblood, or even Granger, for two months.

Hermione, will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Hermione replayed this through over and over and over in her head. She finally made up her mind. She stood up and yanked open the door, slightly harder than normal. She crawled through the portrait, and bumped straight into Draco.

“Oh! Hi! I was just coming to find you Draco. I need to tell you something.”

“Hey! Me too!”

“You can go first.”

“No! No! You can go first!”

“Are you sure?”