4

"Where are we even hiking at?" I ask as he drives me somewhere. "Glendale Peak Trail. It's three and a half miles but it's a giant loop." He explained as he turned the music up a little.

I learned that Matt is super adventurous and loves doing this kinda stuff. I rolled my eyes jokingly and looked out the window. "You're gonna kill me on this hike." I laugh as he did the same. "You'll like it. It ease the stress." After a few minutes, we finally reached the trail.

It was a perfect day and it was perfect weather. I had on exercise shorts on with a tank on while Matt had on a loose t-shirt and basketball shorts. He had a backpack full of water bottles and a charger. "You ready to hike three and a half miles?" He asked smirking at me.

"Not one bit but let's do it." I smile as we start walking. After the first mile, I was already wore out. "Keep up B." I've only known him for a few days and he's already giving me nicknames. I love that.

"Don't worry, I'm doing this for the Instagram picture." He started laughing as I huffed and puffed through it. "If you get too tired, just hop on my back." He is too nice, what the fuck?

As I walked behind him, I noticed how much he actually likes doing this. When we finally reach the top, I was amazed with how the view is. "Life's a climb. But the view is great." I say catching my breath.

He looked down at me with a questionable look. "Did you just quote Hannah Montana?" He asked as I smiled lightly. "You have a problem?" He rose his arms up in defense. I sat down, towards the edge so I could take everything in.

"Do you ever feel like you're not good enough?" I randomly ask as he sat down next to me. I feel like since I came back, everyone doesn't need me anymore. Skyler moved in with Jake and I barely hear from her. I don't talk to Kat and Devyn that much anymore.

I haven't heard a word from Colby and only talked to Sam once. I just feel like the only person who truly needs me is my brother. "Do you think you're good enough?" He asked as I brought my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms around me.

I let the sun soak in as I think about the question. "Not anymore. I just feel like I've lost everyone since I came back." I tell him, I explained to him what happened when Colby and I broke up. He's different than other people.

Unlike Skyler, he listens. "Did I ever tell you about magcon breaking up?" He asked as I shook my head no. "Bart was scamming us basically. We were doing these tours, meeting fans for hours, performing in front of them, even selling merch. And we got nothing out of it." He explained while looking at the view.

I used to love magcon back in the vine days. "After a few months, we couldn't handle it anymore so Cam, Nash, Hayes, and Carter left. I wanted to focus on acting while Shawn and the Jacks wanted to focus on music." He explained while going on.

"At the time, I thought I had lost all my best friends. But later in life, I just realized we were all doing our own thing. And just cause we were doing our own thing, it doesn't mean we're not friends anymore. What I'm basically saying is that even though you feel like you're not good enough, it doesn't mean they don't care about you. Cause they do." He finished making me smile.

"You always make me feel better even though
we just met." I say looking at this beautiful view of la. "That's what friends are for." He smiled while looking at me. "Come on, let's take some Instagram pictures." He smiled while standing up.

When he did, he had a bunch of dirt on his ass which made me chuckle. "Why are you laughing?" He asked looking down at me. "You have dirt on your ass." I told him as he tried to look at it. "Do I look thick?" He bent over showing me his dirty ass while making me laugh.

"You're an idiot." I laugh while standing up. We take some pictures for the gram and decided to go back down. Skyler had texted me saying she wanted to hang out.

When we get back down, I was absolutely exhausted. "See you soon, alright?" He asked as I nodded my head. I walked out of his car and walked over to mine since I was going to Sky's house.

I drove there hoping and wishing I won't see Colby. I'm still not ready to see him so luckily when I walk through the hallway, I didn't see him. I knock on Sky's door waiting to be let in.

I'm for sure not used to Skyler and I living apart. She opens the door, smiling really big. "Hey Breann!" She smiled while letting me in. She comes in for a hug but makes a disgusted face.

"Why do you smell like shit?" She asked looking at me from up and down. "I went hiking." I tell her honestly. Her face went from disgusted from confused in point five seconds.

"You don't go hiking." She asked as I just looked at her. "You went hiking?" Jake laughed while coming out of no where. "Yes, here look at these pictures." I pull my phone out and show them the pictures Matt took of me.

"Damn, these are good. Who'd you go with?" She asked swiping through the pictures. "I went with a person I met a few days ago." I don't want them making a big deal about it.

"You haven't mentioned this person." She said as I sighed. "He's just a friend. We met when I got back from the trip." I explain but I still don't say his name. I saw Jake smirk as he looked at me weird. "Is it Matthew Espinosa?" He asked getting me off guard.

"How did you know?" I ask confused. "One, you just told me, and two, I noticed you guys followed each other on Twitter and Instagram." He smirked. I'm honestly speechless right now. "He's hot though." Skyler said sipping on her water.

Jake looked over at her with her eyebrows raised. "But not as hot as you." She smiled as she kissed Jake. That made my heart drop and get awkward knowing I'm third wheeling.

They started saying romantic stuff together which made me uncomfortable. "Uhm, I forgot I need to edit my vlog. I'll see you guys later." I say getting off the stool from the counter. I was starting to feel super sore from the hike. When I stood up, I felt super weak and I couldn't breathe.

"Breann, what's wrong?" Skyler asked as I started to hyperventilate. I start pointing to my phone telling her to pick up and unlock it. I think I'm having a panic attack. "Breann, do you want me to call Brennen?" She asked as I shook my head no.

"Who do you want me to call?" She asked as I kept breathing harder. "Matt, call Matt." I barely get out as she searches for his number.

After ten minutes of me trying really hard to breathe and to stop shaking Matt finally showed up. "B, you're okay." He said wrapping his arms around me. "Let's count to ten alright?" He held up a finger as I said one.

He held up another finger as I said two. When he held his other finger up, I felt like I couldn't concentrate. "Come on, keep going." He said as he kept his third finger up. "Three." I said as he held up another finger. I counted all the way up to ten and I was finally calmed down.

"What could've triggered that?" Matt asked as he held me in his arms. "I don't know, we were talking and she said she had to edit and when she stood up it's like she couldn't breathe." Jake explained. My head was on Matt's chest and his heartbeat helped me when I listened to it.

"What the hell is happening to me?"