8

Matt and I were hanging out at his apartment. I was petting Burnie as Matt sat on the couch. "Did you come over to just hang out with my dog?" He laughed as I laid on the floor next to him.

"Basically." I laugh as Matt groans. "You're such a dork B." He laughed as I played with Burnie. "Can we take him to a dog park?" I ask like a child.

"Let me find his leash." He said getting up. I happy dance as Burnie follows Matt to his room. When we got him on his leash, we took him to the car.

When we reached the park, Matt let him go free, making him play with the other dogs. We sat down, letting the sun soak us in.

"It's a beautiful day." I say looking at Burnie run around. "It is. I think Burnie wants to play fetch." Matt said handing me a ball. I took it, and threw it making his dog run after it.

We spent a few hours there but I went back home to check on Skyler. When I walked in, she was eating ice cream with Devyn and Kat. I was not expecting them to be here.

"Hey Breann." Skyler said making them look up. They instantly smiled as they saw me. "Hey. How are you doing?" I ask sitting my keys down. "Good, I invited Devyn and Kat, I hope that's okay." She said as I smile.

"It's fine, I haven't had girl time in a while." I say sitting next to them. "How are you since everything?" Devyn spoke up while looking at me. "I get better, and then I see him and it's like all the bad feelings come back." I bring my knees to my chest as we gossip.

"Wait, when did you see Colby?" Kat asked confused. "I went to his apartment to check if he was doing okay and then I saw him again in the mall when I was shopping for Coachella." I explain, Skyler already knows the story.

"Who are you going to Coachella with?" She asked, I guess she's going. "Skyler and Matthew Espinosa." Their jaws dropped on sync as I said his name.

"What?" I ask as they stared at each other. "Like together or?" Devyn asked confusing me. "We're going as friends. What's up with you two?" I ask as Skyler stayed quiet.

"I just heard he likes you." I immediately looked over at Skyler as she was bright red. "Really?" I ask as she sticks her spoon in her mouth.

"He does, you guys hang out everyday. Plus you guys got matching outfits for Coachella." I don't even know why we're having this conversation, Matt does not have feelings for me. "A boy and a girl can hang out without them gaining feelings. We're just friends." I reason with them as they just shrug.

"Whatever you say." Kat said finishing her bowl. Coachella is in a few days so I wanna make sure everything is picked out and ready. As I go through my stuff, I noticed I forgot some stuff. I get my keys and tell the girls I'm heading to target.

When I get there, I grab a basket and start walking around. As I was heading to the bags, I saw Colby and we made eye contact. He lightly smiled as he looked at me.

"Hey." He said coming over to me. I hate how things are between us. It literally kills me inside. "Hey. You feeling better?" I ask about his mental health. He looks a lot better than he did a few days ago.

"Slowly. I didn't know you were dating Matthew." I looked at him like he was crazy. He sounded jealous but looked sad when he said that. "I'm not dating Matthew. He's just been a really good friend recently." I tell him honestly.

"I just kind of figured. You two have seemed close when I saw you at the mall." Could he be jealous of us? If he is, why would he be? He's the one that broke up with me.

"You going to Coachella?" He asked changing the subject. "Yeah, I'm getting some last minute stuff." I say looking into my basket. "Then I'll see you there." He lightly smiled as he walked away.

I wish I could be going with everybody but I'm happy I'm going with Matt and Sky. I get the rest of what I need and go through the line.

I decided to do another cover when I get home so I set everything up. I was gonna do Last Kiss by Taylor Swift. "Hey guys, Breann Taylor here. You guys got over fifty thousand likes which is amazing so I'm gonna do another cover." I say in front of my camera.

"Today I'm gonna do Last Kiss by Taylor Swift so hopefully, you all enjoy." I smile before I start playing. This song reminds me of Colby because of everything we went through.

"I still remember the look on your face, lit through the darkness at one fifty-eight. The words that you whispered, for just us to know. You told me you loved me, so why did you go away?" I sing with the emotion I didn't know I had.

"That July ninth, the beat of your heart. It jumps through your shirt, I can still feel your arms." I sing remembering his soft touch. "But now I'll go sit on the floor, wearing your clothes. All that I know is I don't know, how to be something you miss. I'd never thought we'd have a last kiss." I sing and play at the same time.

"I'd never imagined we'd end like this. Your name, forever the name on my lips." I look back at the camera as tears form my eyes. "The life of the party, you're showing off again. And I roll my eyes and then you pull in." I sing remembering the good times we had at parties.

"I'm not much for dancing, but for you I did. Because I loved your handshake, meeting my mother." I changed the original word from father to mother knowing that first meeting was better than my dads.

"I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets. How you kissed me when I was in the middle of saying something. There's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions." I sing with full emotion.

I repeat the chorus with the same emotion as the first one. "So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep. And I'll feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe. And I keep up with our friends just to ask them how you are, I hope it's nice where you are." I sing with the most emotion.

A tear slipped through my eyes as I sang it which sucks cause I didn't want to cry. "And I hope the sun shines and it's a beautiful day. And something reminds you, you wish you had stayed. You can plan for a change in weather in time. But I never planned on you changing your mind." I pause singing so I can play the piano.

"So, I'll go sit on the floor wearing your clothes. All that I know is I don't know how to be something you miss. I never thought we'd have a last kiss. I never imagined we'd end like this. Your name, forever the name on my lips." I sing finishing the song as tears rolled down my face.

I look at the camera, wiping my tears, and hating myself for crying. "God, I told myself I wasn't gonna cry." I say holding the rest in. "I hope you guys enjoyed the song. Have a wonderful day. Give this a like and comment and if you're new, please subscribe." I say finishing the video.

I take the sd card and edit the video so I can post it. I posted it onto my channel, scared of what people were gonna say. I decided to just fall asleep early because I don't want to deal with people.

I just can't wait to go to Coachella with Skyler and Matt.