S E V E N

Claire Jensen

THE BLACK HAIRED GIRL STOOD IN her bathroom mirror, crying as she looked at the scars from that night.

The heaviness of Bryce's body came to her mind and she felt the pressure in her chest and the feeling of the hands who weren't nice on her wrists.

"Claire, honey. Time for dinner!" Matt Jensen called for his daughter from the kitchen causing Claire to snap to reality.

"Okay" She said, her voice breaking.

She quickly splashed cold water on her face and slipped her hoodie back on, leaving the restroom.

"Claire, grab the plates" Lainie said to her daughter, "I invited Scott over for dinner, by the way" Lainie said again looking up at her daughter.

Lainie Jensen's face softened when she saw the distraught look on Claire's face, causing her to move closer to her daughter, "is everything alright?" Lainie asked, placing her hands on her daughters shoulders.

"Yes, can we just go eat?" Claire asked as she brushed away her mothers hands.

"Claire, you know our deal"

"Yeah, mom. But nothings wrong" Claire said softly with a smile, "see? Everything's a-okay"

"Fine, lets go eat" Lainie said as she pointed to the table.

Lainie placed food on each plate that Claire laid out, "hey, where's Justin and Clay?" Claire asked before walking toward the front door where she heard a knock.

"They're out with Tony" Lainie shouted.

Claire's face saddened once she opened the door. Scott stood there, his face was red and puffy. It was almost obvious that the boy was crying just minutes earlier.

"Scotty, what's wrong?" Claire said pulling himself.

"He lied, Claire" Scott said sadly, looking down at his girlfriend.

"One second," she said to Scott, "mom, we'll be down in ten minutes" Claire shouted, running up the stairs with Scott hand in hers.

"Hey, Scott. What's wrong baby, who lied?" She said putting her hands on his cheeks.

"Bryce lied about that night" Scott said and began crying once again, "he said that I purposefully planned to cancel that night at the clubhouse- he sent out a group chat saying that the party was cancelled. I didn't know you were already there when he texted the group that" Scott said and began sobbing.

"Wha- why are you guys talking about it?" Claire asked raising an eyebrow.

"Because-" Scott began but started to cough from the amount of crying, "because he was bragging to the boys about how he fucked you" Scott said and cried even harder, "Monty and I shut him down quickly- but Bryce he got defensive and we fought"

"Physically?" Claire asked worriedly, she felt taken aback.

Scott shook his head and sat down on her bed, "no but we might as well of done that"

"When was this?"

"During practice. Zach asked about Bryce cancelling the party two weeks ago and Bryce-"

"Sh, it's okay, Scott" she said softly, kissing his cheek, "it's okay. People can believe what they want to believe" Claire said softly, gripping onto Scott's hand.

"On top of that, Marcus lied in court today. He was bragging about what a great guy Bryce was. Basically selling him as a fucking Barbie doll"

Claire sighed loudly and pulled Scott up, "Scott, it'll be okay"