T W E N T Y

LAST CHAPTER!

GRAB A BOX OF TISSUES

Claire stared at herself in the mirror before straightening her black dress out. She took a deep breath before opening her room door and heading down the stairs to see the rest of her family there.

"Ready?" Claire's mom asked and she nodded as a response, "good. Clays going to drive you guys there and your dad and I are going to drive together. We have a lot to talk about" Lainie said with a wink and walked out the door.

"Clay," Claire said turning toward her brother, "you okay?"

Clay nodded and grabbed Claire's wrist before her hand could reach his face, "I'm fine. Let's go" he muttered and walked out the door with Justin following closely behind him.

"Okay," Claire said to herself and rolled her eyes.

Claire sat in the back seat, as usual, and pondered out the window of how Hannah's funeral would turn out. Many questions popped in her head, almost like she was rambling to herself.

"Clay?" she said as she looked up her brother who was driving.

"Not now," he replied keeping his eyes on the road.

Claire nodded her head before looking down at her hands, rubbing them together, and sighing deeply.

The Jensen's, plus Justin, took their seats in the pews. Lainie rubbed Clay's back as the service started. Clay's mind was anywhere, but the funeral.

"At this time, we want to ask Hannah's friend, Clay Jensen, to come to the stand and say a few words"

"I loved her. I loved her so much. And I ask her every day why she did what she did, I get no answers," Clay began while staring at the pews of seated people.

Claire drifted off to the dark place in her mind as her brother stood at the alter saying what he thought was appropriate for Hannah's funeral. Claire glanced over at Justin before catching his eye. Justin smiled small and then returning his face toward Clay.

"A good friend once said to me, I can love you and still let you go," Clay stated again looking right into his sister's eyes as a memory of Skye Miller popped into his head.

'Poor Clay' his sister thought as this was the second time this year Clay had to give someone up for their own good.

Claire Jensen felt a warm presence next to her. Without looking, she grabbed Clay's hand and intertwined their fingers and gently squeezing his hand, "I love you," she said looking down her their hands, "Don't ever forget that,".

Clay looked over at his sister and nodded his head, his face was bright red and his blue eyes were dull, "I love you too," he said sadly and wiped his tears away with his free hand.

Claire leaned her head on Clay's shoulder before standing up, "Ready to go to Monet's?" Matt Jensen asked as the three teenagers nodded their heads and agreed to meet them.

"Claire, you drive," Clay said and handed his sister the keys.

The three arrived at Monet's noticing most people who showed up for Hannah's service was there. "I'll order us some coffee's, I shall be back," Clay said with a smile and walked off to order their drinks and quickly talk to his parents.

"How are you feeling?" Justin asked the Jensen girl as they sat down at an empty table.

"I-" Claire began and looked over at her brother who was talking to Mrs. Baker, "I feel fine. I barely knew Hannah as it is. It just makes me sad seeing Clay go through this. He's really been a mess over the Baker girl. I'm hoping this gives him closure,".

"Me too, you have no idea what's really going on in that boys head," Justin chuckled and stared down at his hands.

"And you do?" Claire asked.

"I would like to think so, especially since last week," Justin said sighing.

"Uh- What happened last week?"

"Clay- I had to talk him down from really- hurting himself," Justin stifled out as the memories of Clay Jensen holding a gun to his head flashed through his mind.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Claire asked standing up but was quickly pulled down by her brother after he placed their drinks on the table.

"I couldn't," Justin said loud enough for the Jensen twins to hear.

"Couldn't what?" Clay asked sipping on his triple americano.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to hurt yourself?" Claire asked gently.

"You- were, um, going through a lot," Clay said coming up with an excuse.

"Yeah right," Claire said rolling her eyes, "Just- if it happens again please let me know".

Clay nodded his head and looked over at his sister, "Is it time?" he asked Claire, then shifting his eyesight toward Justin to give her a clue.

"Oh- yes!" Claire cheered and regained her vision toward Clay, "you say it," Claire almost yelled excitedly.

"Okay, what's going on Jensen?" Justin asked looking at the boy.

"Um well, Justin, my mom- well us and my parents was wondering if you will let us adopt you,"

"What?" Justin asked confused.

"Like adopt you into our family," Claire said helping her brother out.

"I'd be your guys' brother?" Justin said, once again confused.

"Well I'm not sure about the lingo but yes,"

Clay Jensen went on to explain the reason behind the big question as Claire helped tell. By surprise, Justin began crying while the twins joked about it.

"Okay, yeah. I would like to be adopted by your family," Justin said through his happy tears.

"I'm so happy you said yes," Claire said happily.

"Me- me too" Clay responded soon after and called his sister and Justin in for a group hug.

-

AND THERE WE HAVE IT, FOLKS!

Thank you all for your support and love toward this story. If I'm being honest, I have completely lost interest in this book but I wanted to somewhat finish it.

Maybe sometime in the future I will rewrite it and make it twenty thousand times better, but for now- I'm onto new books!

Thank you once again!!