F I F T E E N

SO THIS WAS IT, THIS WAS THE DAY that made clay anxiously tap his foot on the ground as he gelled his hair back, not making much progress.

"clay, i need the bathroom," Claire yelled pounding the locked beige door.

Clay rolled his eyes and he opened the door for his sister, "I'm trying to look perfect for Hannah, Claire, you wouldn't understand" the male twin said to his brother.

"yeah well, I've got to impress Jeff-"

"you're not seriously telling me the day jeff and i got together, Bryce attacked me," Claire said scuffing at the memory of that day.

"no, the dance before that. you and Nathan were still dating" he said looking down.

"clay, there's Jeff," Claire said jumping from excitement.

"aren't you, oh i don't know, dating Nathan?" clay asked his hormonal sister.

claire froze with fear as she looked up at her brother, "not for long hopefully" she muttered turning around to look for the boy she was dating.

"whatever, i have to go find hannah"

"okay, lover boy" Claire said and walked the opposite way than her twin.

"what happened that day?" she asked again looking over the boy.

"Nate-" Claire moaned into his neck as the two were in the backseat of his car.

He chuckled deeply into her ear as he pulled out and looked over at his girlfriend, sadness clouded his eyes before he buckled his pants.

"w- what?" she asked looking at Nathan.

"nothing," he muttered and climbed into the drivers seat.

"no, tell me what it is"

"let's head over to Bryce's," he said nervously before putting on his seatbelt.

" i can't leave without Clay knowing-"

"just shut up, Claire, god," he said annoyingly and grabbed the girls arm, "just text him"

"you were there?" claire said snapping out of her thoughts, "you-"

"that's not what happened," Montgomery said defensively and laid back in his seat. tears spewed from the boys eyes before looking back at Claire.

it was almost like claire's mind was slipping through her hands. black holes filled up the empty space while curiosity took over her body.

"i can't move" she choked out looking up at her boyfriend, "why can't i move?" she asked again, noticing the darkish blue couch she was on.

"you just passed out, that's all" Nathan said and shrugged his shoulders.

claire's eyes drooped low as she tried to help herself up, "i can't-"

"then stop trying to move. you're fine" he growled as he heard the door open.

"claire that was fucking great," the voice called out.

claire couldn't see the face to the voice that called her. her eyes stayed closed as she felt the hands of someone gripping her waist.

"Nate" she whimpered before losing her voice through darkness.

"i'm right here, baby," he said: his voice raspy.

"i could've stopped it," monty cried out looking up at claire.

"i don't remember that" claire said looking down at her hands, "Nathan just- sat there?"

monty nodded, "you were so out of it. i kept asking why you were so- gone, no one gave me a straight answer"

"so what- they drugged me?"

monty shook his, "no. they couldn't of done that, i was with bryce all night"

"then what?"

"i don't know, claire"

"well somethings wrong"

"i know, something's always been wrong"

"and none of you guys reported this?"

"we couldn't"

"why not?" claire asked, finally at a loss for words.

"because my future is on the line, all of ours is. bryce's- he has it all planned out with his money and with a snap of his fingers, we'd all be destroyed"