T E N

CLAY STOOD IN FRONT OF LIBERTY high. He dreaded going in knowing that people would be talking about his sister. Clay rubbed his tired eyes and looked over at Justin, who stood next to him.

"Ready to go in? We've been standing out here for like ten minutes" Justin scoffed looking at the students piling into the school.

"Yeah, sure" Clay said shrugging his shoulders, "do you think kids will be talking about Claire?"

"Why would they?" Justin asked looking over at the blue eyed boy.

"I just- I get so nervous that they'll find out we know and they will destroy her"

"They won't" Justin muttered and nodding head signaling he understood what the boy meant, "besides, Scott won't let that happen, right?"

"Hopefully not. I'm not wondering if Scott is the cause of all of this and let his friends- you know" clay said stopping at his locker, "but who knows"

"I- I don't think Scott would let his friends do anything to Claire on purpose, bu-" Justin began but slowly got distracted by Bryce walker standing against his locker.

"Justin, what is it?" Clay asked judging the boys shoulder.

"How come he can't pay for all of the damage he's done?"

"Because there's no dna, no physical proof to show that he actually did it" clay said giving Bryce a disgusted look, "I mean even Claire won't go to the police station, she's frightened"

"Maybe that ends now" Justin said walking over to the rich blonde boy.

"Justin no" clay said quickly pulling on Justin's arm.

"Fuck off, Jensen" Justin said calmly before being face to face with Bryce.

"Justin Foley, what a surprise" Bryce chuckled, walking up closer to the boy, "what do I have to owe this pleasure?"

"You're going down, Bryce" Justin seethed through his teeth, "you will pay for what you did to all of those girls"

Clay groaned mentally to himself. He looked around the hallway and his eyes met with Scott Reed's who was standing next to Bryce. Clay shook his head relentlessly, angry at the boy for being near this monster.

"I didn't do shit" Bryce said lowly, "you kno-"

"No, I don't know. I will do whatever it takes to make you go down, that's a promise. And you Scott, why are you standing around here with him even after what he did to Claire?"

Scott stood there quietly. He didn't say a word and didn't make his eyes meet with Justin, he was nervous.

"I didn't do shit to Claire. She wanted it, she practically begged me to fuck her, Justin. Does that make you ma-" but Bryce was cut off by Justin throwing a punch at Bryce's face.

"Jesus fuck" clay mumbled as he went to go grab Justin but Bryce's friends began blocking him.

Clay watched from behind the jocks as Bryce and Justin constantly threw punches at each other's faces and slamming their bodies again the lockers.

"Justin" clay yelled, running toward the boy but Bryce's friends kept pushing clay back.

Clay looked around for anyone to help and then someone caught his eye: Claire.

"Let me go," Clay yelled trying to get to his sister, but the boys wouldn't budge.

Clay watched his sister walk toward the fight with her fists clenched ready to punch anyone who wanted to get in her way.

"Stop! Stop it!" She screamed as she tugged on Justin's arm, "stop!" She screamed again causing both boys to back away.

"Ah, Claire Jensen. The person we were just fighting over" Bryce said with a smirk and reached his hand for for the girls.

Claire quickly pulled her arm back, Justin standing beside her giving Bryce a look that could kill.

Bryce got closer to the girl before Bryce nodded his head toward Montgomery who quickly held Justin a chokehold.

"Wha-" Claire began but felt Bryce's arms around her waist, "get off of me" Claire squirmed under his touch.

"Hey, man-" Scott Reed said walking toward but Bryce shot him a look making Scott back down.

"What's mine is yours" Bryce muttered his famous line before looking down at Claire, "now, why would justin think I raped you?" Bryce said glaring at the girl.

"Let go of Claire" Clay yelled struggling against the grip of whatever baseball player was holding him, "don't touch, don't fucking touch her" he kept yelling.

Claire looked up into Bryce eyes, a cold chill shivered down her spine and a flashback of that night came to her mind.

Claire's eyes met Clay's eyes as a tear went down her cheek. The feelings of his hands around her waist made her enter the scared and vulnerable state she was at the clubhouse.

She looked around the hallway watching everyone's eyes on her, meeting with one of the other jocks who were there that night.

"Because you did" Claire choked out looking at Bryce, "I- kept saying no-"

"You didn't say no, why are you putting on a fake show for these people?" Bryce questioned the girl.

The phrase: "Jeff would never let us do this to her when he was alive" played in her head and she finally broke down crying.

Bryce held her in his arms, almost laughing at the girls breakdown, "you fucking lied to everyone" Bryce said loudly, the smirk not leaving his face.

"I'm not lying" she said punching the boys chest, "you ruined me and took any bit of happiness away from" she cried out looking up at Bryce, "you used Jeff's name against me. How could you do that? I had trust in you" She screamed out.

Her eyes wandered over to Scott's sad ones, "and you" she whispered, "you're still friends with him even after you came to me crying once you realized what a fucking monster he is" she said pushing Bryce off of her, "I hate you" she yelled as Scott walking to him, "I hate you" She screamed again pushing him against a locker, "I hate you, I hate you" She continued to yell.

The jock finally let go of Clay's arms, without any hesitation, he ran toward his sister pulling her back from the baseball player, "fuck you" She screamed in Clay's face and pushed away, "fuck all of you guys" Claire grabbed her back and walked out the school leaving everyone in the hallway speechless.

A/n I like highkey want to publish the first chapter of the Monty book because I'm just- wow