N I N E

Claire Jensen

CLAIRE JENSEN STOOD IN FRONT OF her parents, her brother to her side: the two stood hand and hand.

"Mom. Dad," Claire said looking at the two, immediately looking down. Claire couldn't handle the eye contact with the news she was about to tell them.

"Claire, what is it?" Matt Jensen said, slowly approaching his daughter, "you can tell us anything"

"You can do this Claire, we believe in you" Justin whispered into the girls ear.

"I know" Claire muttered and looked up at Justin, "mom, dad, something happened to me"

"Something like- what?" Lainie Jensen asked, looking at her husband suspiciously.

"I didn't want to" was all Claire could get out before she started sobbing, "I tried to push them off, I said no. I did everything I can to get them to stop, but they just wouldn't stop" she cried out, wrapping her arms around her dads waist.

"Claire, what are you saying?" Lainie accidentally shouted staring directly at her daughter.

"Jesus, mom" clay muttered looking at the blonde lady that stood before him.

"I need to hear you say it" Lainie said again.

"They raped me" Claire cried out again, releasing her grip from her father's waist.

"They? As in plural?" Matt asked, he was shocked. His face held an expression his kids nor Lainie had ever seen. It was a mix of anger, confusion, sadness all in one, "Justin did yo-"

"Fuck, dad no. Justin wouldn't do that" clay said defending the defenseless boy.

"Yes," Claire muttered looking up at her dad, "I'm sorry"

"Hey, don't apologize" Lainie said, bringing her daughter into a hug, "this wasn't your fault" she said softly.

"Yes it was" Claire huffed out, her voice hoarse.

"No, don't say that" Clay said, wrapping his arms around his mother and sister, "they're all assholes who just couldn't control themselves. It's not your fault you had this happen to you"

"I wasn't strong enough" Claire whispered.

"You are" Justin mumbled, looking at the sad girl.

"You are strong" Matt said and wrapped his arms around his crying family, "you're going to get through this, we're all here for you, Claire. The first step is to file a police report" Matt mentioned, causing Claire's head to shake quickly.

"No, I can-"

"Claire, it's what you have to do. They could do it to other people" clay mentioned looking down at his sister, "you wouldn't want anyone else to go through this, right?"

"Fine" Claire muttered looking up at her family, and well Justin.

"We need proof that he did this to-"

"They, mom" Clay said interrupting his mother.

"I-I- do you know the date when it happened, how it happened?" Lainie asked, choking on her words.

"We have proof" Justin whispered out, "we have tons of proof that the same people who did this to Claire, did this to hundreds of girls at our school" Justin said again but this time loud enough for everyone to hear.

Clay nodded his head and pulled out three polaroid pictures from his pocket, "here" he said handing them to his mom.

Lainie cried for a minute and handed Matt the pictures.

"Is that- is that Bryce Walker?" Matt asked looking up at his daughter, "who are the other two, is that Scott?" He asked angrily, slamming the pictures down on the coffee table.

Claire shook her, "Scott would never, dad"

"If Jeff was stil-"

"Don't, Matt" Lainie yelled looking at her husband, "we don't know if it still would've happened if he was alive or not"

"She's getting into all of this trouble ever since that Scott boy-"

"Bryce and his baseball team did this to her, how are you guys turning this all around on Scott when he had no involvement?" Clay yelled looking at his parents unbelievably.

"He's friends with this Bryce guy" Matt yelled getting closer to Clay, "where were you when this happened to her?"

"Da-"

"I don't know dad, I don't know where I was but if I was with her I wouldn't of let this happened. You can't blame me either"

"Okay well Justin here watched it happen to someone else, who says you wouldn't do the same?" Matt said finding any excuse to blame someone for the actions of Bryce Walker and his friends.

"Matt, stop. The first picture was of Bryce Walker, second and third are unknown names, okay? You can't blame the boys for not knowing that this was happening" Lainie said staring deeply into her husbands eyes, "what we need to do right now is go down to the police station, report this, and wait for the authorities to take over"

"Wait for the fucking 'authorities' to take over" Matt mumbled to himself and plopped himself down on the couch before asking the ultimate question, "When and where did this happen?"

A/n hey guys I'm writing a Monty book called misunderstood and ksks im excited. I put up the 'cast' chapter already if you wanted to see that (: