E L E V E N

*trigger warning

CLAIRE RAN HOME AND INTO HER bathroom. She laid against the her bathroom door and cried out, loudly.

"Fuck you" She screamed thinking about Bryce, "maybe Hannah did the smart thing" she said to herself looking over at the shaver that hung on her shower wall, "Jeff had the easy way out" she mumbled to herself.

She closed her eyes and pictures anything that wasn't her life right at the moment. She pictured the first time that she and Jeff met, her first time with Jeff, and even the night Jeff took her to the dance that caused her such heartbreak and happiness in one night.

"You're all alone?" A boy asked snapping Claire from her thoughts.

It was visible that Claire Jensen was a 'sad' girl. She was alone at Rosie's diner, drinking a pink milkshake and eating fries herself.

Claire looked at the boy who spoke so confidently to her, her icy blue eyes meeting his chocolate brown eyes.

"Oh yeah, have a seat" Claire said to the boy she only just saw. She pointed to the seat across from her.

"Hey, thanks. Now tell, what's your name?" The boy said with a smile that took Claire's breath away.

"Claire Jensen. What's yours?" She said glancing over at his smile.

"Jeffery Atkins, but you can call me Jeff" he said and picked up a fry, "do you mind?"

"Have as many as you want. I've probably gained about twenty pounds by just eating fries everyday" she said pushing the basket of fries over to the boy named Jeff.

"Oh shush, you shouldn't be so quick to insult yourself like that" he said with sad look then scrunched his eyebrows, "you said Jensen?"

Claire nodded quickly looking down at her arms: covered in scattered black and blue bruises from her current boyfriend, Nathan.

"Clay's your brother?" Jeff asked trying to catch the girls eyes, but looked down at what she was looking at.

He watched as the girl sneakily looked over her arms at the bruises that covered each inch. Jeff's face scrunched up in sadness, he wondered who'd do such a thing to a person, or even this girl.

"Claire?" He said getting the girl to snap from her thoughts.

"Wha- oh yeah sorry, Clay's my twin. How do you know him?"

"He tutors me" He said smiling softly, looking at the side of the girls face. Almost the shape of a hand was placed on her cheek, causing the boy to grow sad, "hey, who hit you?" Jeff asked.

"What? No one" Claire said getting defensive, "sorry I have to go" she said standing up.

Jeff quickly grabbed onto the girls arm softly and gave her a look of sympathy, "really, if someone is hurting you, you need to tell someone" he said and let go of her, "I hope you don't become a stranger Claire"

Claire let out a heart wrenching sob. She wrapped her arms around her fragile body thinking of those times, the day Jeff first showed his wining smile to her. The day she shared herself to Jeff, he made her feel so good about herself. He asked if everything he did was okay: letting the girl consent and say yes or no to whatever he did, he complimented her and made her feel normal about the sex they shared.

The memory of the dance came to her mind as she clenched her fist at the thought of Nathan trying to get with her again, but she quickly remember the bad memory that lightened with the thought of Jeff.

"What the fuck, Claire" Nathan shouted at the small girl in the hallway, "how fucking dare you" he yelled again, gripping onto the girls wrist.

"Nate, we cant be together anymore. I don't want to do this anymore" she whispered loud enough for the boy to hear her.

"Why not? You found someone better than me? That's impossible Claire Jensen" Nathan growled in her face, gripping her chin, "look at me when I'm talking to you"

"Leave me alone" Claire said trying to move but Nathan' grip on her chin got tighter, "Nate" she whimpered.

"Listen here, bitch. We are not-"

"Nathan, buddy. Let go of Claire" Jeff Atkins said, coming to the girls rescue, Clay Jensen standing behind the boy.

"Or what, Atkins?" her boyfriend scoffed looking at the boy, harshly grabbing onto Claire's wrist, "she's my girlfriend not yours"

"Hey, don't talk about Claire like she's an object" clay shouted out at the boy he hated, "let go of my sister" he said angrily.

Nathan rolled his eyes before pushing the girl to the ground, "go to hell. You fucking deserve it" he said spitting on the girl and walking back into the winter ball.

"Claire?" Jeff called out, helping the girl up, "I'm so sorry I couldn't be here sooner" he sighed.

"It's okay, I promise" Claire said looking up at the boy she's developed feelings for, "its not your problem to fixed"

"Claire, are you okay?" Clay asked going to his sisters other side, his eyes widened when he saw the way his sister looked broken.

"Yeah, of corse" she said looking down, hiding the tears falling from her eyes.

Claire picked up the shaver from her bathroom wall and smashed it into tiny pieces, making sure the blade broke off.

"I'm sorry Jeff" she cried out looking at the ceiling, "I know you're probably watching my life turn to shit again. But what am I supposed to do now, Jeff? Bryce got to me, Scott doesn't care about me, my brother only cares about getting justice for Hannah, and my parents? Mom only cares about everyone testifying, my dad, who knows what he thinks about it" she said looking down at the blade.

She swept the blade across her arm watching the beads of blood appearing and slowly glide down her wrist.

"Jeffery Atkins, I hate you" she sobbed out, "you died at such a young age. You had so much going for you, I should've been the one to go. I should've fucking went with you and died" she screamed out, "I should've killed myself"

She glides the blade harshly across her wrist. Her vision became blurry and everything started to turn to black when the girl felt dizzy. She laid her head down on the rug that was placed by the sink and closed her eyes.