𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Theo had enough of Amanda and her family after two days and the fact that he had to spend time at Quentin's uncle's place before leaving home was just absurd.

When he heard that the whole trip was all because of some stupid books Quentin wanted to borrow, he was so angry and frustrated that he left without a word and managed to drive only about five minutes before Quentin's yells about coming back became too much.

So he stayed and ate with Quentin's aunt's food, listened as their family talked and learned about more about Quentin and his relatives. The whole time, he faked a smile and pretended that he cared what they were talking about even though all information was absolutely pointless.

But it wasn't as horrible as he had thought. That stupid red-haired weirdo was lucky to have people like them in his life. It was clear that even though they were a bit annoying, they clearly cared about Quentin.

He was more than happy that he had basketball practice on Monday after school, he needed it after such an eventful weekend. Unfortunately, it was only after school and he shared a math class with Quentin before lunch.

After their teacher forced them to sit together, there hadn't been much talking. In fact, the number of conversations they have had that didn't include school work was close to zero.

Still, it felt like something changed between them after they spent Friday and Saturday together. It was probably only his mind playing tricks because they talked as little as before and barely paid any attention to each other's presence.

"... pen? Hello, anyone awake? Freddie, the earth is calling. Come back to us!" he heard someone talking, repeating his nickname and poking him to his arm.

"What the fuck?" he yelled which made the teacher look at him angrily. God, didn't that woman have any other facial expressions? Did she look like murdering someone even in her sleep?

"Do you have an extra pen for me?" Quentin asked and it took him a while to understand what was happening. A pen? Of course, he had a pen. Now it seemed like he didn't have an extra pen so without knowing what to do now, he gave him his own pencil.

"Thanks. I only have this one that I have used maybe a little too long, maybe I need new ones," he explained and showed Theo his tiny pencil before starting to write again.

Now that he had absolutely no motivation to these stupid math questions, he stupidly also gave his only pencil away. He couldn't even pretend that he was busy with the questions so that the teacher wouldn't come and ask why was he sitting there doing nothing.

"Theodore, do you need help?" He must be her favorite student because she talked to him every class and asked him many times to do this and do that.

Before he could give her his typical sarcastic comment, she talked again. "If you have a problem, that you seem to have quite often, then ask help instead of sitting quietly. I can't read your mind, you must tell me if you have problems."

"Well you see, I would do everything you asked me to but unfortunately, my friend here lost his pencil and was unable to do anything," he explained and pointed Quentin who was watching him with furrowed eyes.

"So, me being the good person, I gave him my only pencil, risking my today's education just to make sure he's alright. But it's no big deal, I'll do the rest at home," he said with a smirk which must have annoyed the teacher even more. God, if this wasn't the good comedy then what was?

"I don't have patience with your games. You did nothing when you had your pencil and you probably won't do anything if you had one so just be quiet and let your classmates learn," she said.