𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"Have you thought about college?"

On Saturday afternoon, that question surprised Theo who almost thought that he had imagined it. His father looking at him as if waiting for him to answer proved him wrong, unfortunately.

"A little bit yeah," he nodded and took another bite of the streak that Macey, their cook of five years, had cooked just because he had wished that. She was a very sweet woman in her early fifties who always asked what he wished to eat.

His father said nothing and that's when he realized his mistake. "Yes, sir."

None of his friends had to call their father 'sir' but his old fashioned father had taught him to do that since he had learned to talk and even today he forgot to do that due to the fact that he and his father talked very little.

"You don't sound very sure. That kind of attitude will only give at the local McDonalds and you know how I feel about that. You will have to think about what colleges you'll apply to and getting a scholarship will be very hard if that's what you're still planning to get."

The words were on his tongue but still, he was unable to say those out loud. It always happened. His father, who was very respected all around the world because of his company, was very intimidating man but that was because of his abusive behavior.

His mother, who pretty much agreed on everything her husband said just like a well-taught dog, knew nothing of what was happening in their house because she was always too busy somewhere else. Even now, Theo wondered if she would have done something if she was knew and realized that he honestly couldn't tell for sure.

When he stayed quiet, the conversation was cut short just like they always did in their family. Theo tried his best not to make sudden moves or voices. Even though his father hadn't raised a hand on him since the last incident when he had accidentally broken his computer last year, Theo still felt that he would be punished for even breathing too loudly.

When he was done eating, he put his dishes to the dishwasher, thanked Macey before going to lay on his bed for fifteen minutes before he had to leave for his date which was more of an excuse to be away from home when that man was there.

He had to do all kinds of bullshit just to make a girl have sex with her. Fucking ridiculous, thought Theo, who hadn't planned anything special for today. Hell, he wore the exact same clothes that he wore at the school where he asked the girl out.

Her name was Allison and he had seen her around the school a few times. She was pretty hot, nothing special really. What truly got his attention was the rumors about her having a crush on him and he had even seen it with his own eyes. That girl definitely didn't bother hiding her staring at lunch.

Just like Quentin didn't bother hiding the fact that he was gay. Not that Theo cared about that. He didn't even know why the thought came to his mind while staring at himself from the mirror.

He had his own routine when he was going on the date. Restaurants, no matter what kind of, were a safe choice for a first date although it was obvious that there wouldn't be a second date. For anyone. So yes, he brought all his dates to the restaurant where he planned on making some small talk before smoothly suggesting to spend a night together.

In the morning, it was time for goodbyes and "it was fun"-talks before walking out of the door and her life, whether the girl knew it or not. He was very well aware that he was called an asshole among other names but at least he knew how to get laid, unlike many others.