𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝

Theo was never happier than when he saw his mother in the crowd, watching his game and cheering with others as if she understood anything. And when they won, again, he went to hug her feeling like he hadn't seen her in weeks.

Call him weak but he just got so emotional. She really came! For so long, he had wished for her to show interest in his hobbies but she never came to watch a single game. Now that his sperm donor was away, she came for the first time and saw him winning. It truly was the greatest moment.

He also greeted his uncle, aunt, Isaac and Cecilia who looked like she was forced there so late on Friday because ten-years-old girls were so busy at that time. Even Phoebe was sitting with them, next to Isaac and Katie.

As the team cheered, the whole school enjoyed the moment with them from the students to the teachers. Everyone had a little bit more hope to beat all schools in the basketball. Apparently, their school hadn't won the championship in the last five years but that would change this year.

"What a good game!"

"Another school won!"

"Our boys are killing it this year!"

Theo heard all these compliments from people he went to school with and thanked each one with a smile while trying to find a certain boy from the crowd. He was sure that Isaac had mentioned bringing both Phoebe and Quentin so where the hell was he?

To be honest, he didn't care much about Phoebe but Quentin... There was just something about his Ginger. Was it too much to ask him to come here to watch the game like everyone else, maybe say hello and give him a hug or a kiss?

Widening his eyes, he shook his head and reminded himself where he was and that this place was the last place for Quentin to kiss him. In fact, he shouldn't kiss him again.

"Hey, Theo, we're leaving when we have changed clothes and showered. Are you coming with us or are you waiting for someone?" their team captain Reece asked, talking about the usual partying and getting wasted.

The whole school always partied like a crazy after every game even though winning one game didn't mean they were champions. There were still games to play to decide which school was the best of the best.

There wasn't any reason why he shouldn't go. He knew that his mother wouldn't mind if he went to celebrate with the team even though she probably didn't know how they would do it.

Besides, he hadn't really gone out with the guys in a long time because he had been so busy all the time. He hadn't exactly missed it but it wouldn't do any harm to have a little fun.

If Theo was lucky, he would get Quentin out of his mind because he had been there a little too much. And he still didn't show up tonight.

"Sure but I'll have work tomorrow so someone needs to make sure I'm able to go there," he laughed.

🍁🍁🍁

"Long night?" Quentin asked while serving another customer at the coffee shop at 8am on Saturday. Like many other Weekends, they had been there together already an hour, working side by side quietly like always.

"Yeah," Theo said, still having a headache after a hangover he was forced to deal with after his alarm woke him up so early. "You weren't at the party yesterday but..."

"I was there," Quentin said, not looking at him. Now Theo realized that the whole morning he had been doing that, avoiding looking him in the eyes. Usually, they always gave each other personal space but this was different. If Theo didn't know better, he would have thought that Quentin was angry at him.