𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬

Quentin didn't get jealous of Theo. He was the total opposite of guys he usually liked and it wasn't only because of his smoking.

He shouldn't be jealous. If that was the truth then why did he feel like someone stabbed him in the heart when he saw them kissing at the party or heard about Theo's night with Marley?

It was all too familiar feeling, the last time he felt like this was after twin's birthday when he basically heard Isaac having sex with Phoebe. It wasn't surprising to be jealous when the boy had loved for years had a new girlfriend but why the fuck it felt this horrible when he heard about Marley?

He had repeated many times to himself that he didn't have feelings for Theo but what if he did? What if he was stupid enough to give another boy power to break his heart? Was it even possible to have feelings for two people at the same time?

No, he was just misunderstanding things, as usual, making lust something deeper that it wasn't. It had been a long time since he had sex and Theo was there to remind him how it felt to be wanted. That was all. He would probably feel the same way towards anyone he had sex with that night.

As if to prove himself that he didn't care, he walked towards Theo at school one week later and started to talk to him as if nothing happened after basically ignoring each other every day. "So, do you have any ideas on what to do with Mandy?"

Theo has a strange look on his face when he closed his locker and looked at him. Quentin frowned while trying to figure out what he was thinking but it was pointless.

"Are we still doing that?" Theo groaned and was a bit overdramatic when he sighed as if he was walking towards his death which, for some reason, made Quentin chuckle.

"I know you like her company, you just like to act as if you don't care about anything or anyone because it makes you feel vulnerable," Quentin said, smiling despite the serious change of topic. Theo stared at him a few seconds and once again, Quentin didn't know how he felt.

That's when Theo smiled. "Oh yes, what a great idea! You are the therapist and listen to me as I explain my life story for you and then you tell me why I'm messed up and that I need help. Session number one, family issues. About eighteen years ago, one man and one woman decided..."

Was it really that hard to have a real conversation with him and not just joke around and be sarcastic? Quentin frowned at him, now starting to get annoyed at his sense of humor. "That's not funny. There are some things you can't just joke about and mental health is one of them!"

While saying that, his thoughts went back to his mother who visited the therapist often after his real father died fifteen years ago. He had always been really proud of her for getting help for herself instead of giving up like she most likely wanted to do many times.

"I'm sorry, do you want to open your heart to me. Any skeletons in the closet, Ginger? No? Too bad, I almost wished that I could have had a chance to say some of those cliché Tumblr quotes that should inspire you to enjoy life. Anyway, I have to go, classes start in a minute," he said, giving him one of his famous fake smiles and walked away.

"Is this all about your Dad?" Quentin couldn't help but ask the question. It might be a bit obvious but he wanted to hear it from Theo without denying it. He should have known that despite the way he acted, Theo was still hurt over his father's decision to leave and instead of talking to someone about it, he kept it all inside.

Stopping halfway in the hallway, Theo turned around and was silent a few seconds before ignoring his question which shouldn't have surprised Quentin but it still did. "By the way, I didn't have sex with Marley. Apparently, we got into my house and fell asleep."