Part 4

~Arabella~

The next few days are awful. Louis is too caught up that he made it through to really spend time with me. I try to be happy for him, at first I really am. But now I really just want to snap him back into reality.

Finally after the first week he gets a little less...giddy. 'Lou, we really need to talk,' I begin after dragging him up to his room. 'About what?' he asks. 'Um, your leaving. In a week. For x-factor,' I state. I don't think he gets it still.

'Um, yeah, so?' Yep, he doesn't get it.

'Louis! Snap out of it! Think about all your leaving behind!' I yell.

'Well, yeah, but it's not forever, I'll be back,' he mutters, his eyes on the floor.

'Louis. You know what I mean,' I say. He doesn't look up. 'I'm gonna miss you,' I admit.

He finally meets his icy blue eyes with my hazel ones. 'I know... I've been a terrible best friend. I just didn't wanna face leaving you. But I'm really sorry. Still best friends forever?' he finishes. I smile widely and hug him. I could not have imagined that going any better.

But that didn't mean he wasn't leaving.

~Louis~

'I'm gonna miss you.'

Those four words continued to bounce around in my head from the moment Arabella spoke them. I was really afraid of this happening. Arabella was tough, I thought she would be strong enough to be without me. But I know things have been hard for her.

'Um, do you want your bracelet?' I ask, starting to pull it off my wrist.

'No, keep it. For boot camp, and hopefully the live shows,' she tells me. I smile and nod.

'Okay, hold on a sec, I got something for you,' I say, scattering things in my drawer.

'Lou, you didn't have to,' she reminds me.

'I know, but I wanted to. I got it for you months ago, I was gonna give it to you on your birthday, but I don't know if I'll be around,' I say grimly, pulling out my present.

I am so excited to give it to her. I was going to wait until her birthday in December, just a few days after mine, but I'd rather give it to her before her birthday than after.

'Here,' I say, handing the box to her. I wasn't very good at this stuff, but she was my best friend. I didn't need to be all gushy with her.

'Oh my god...' she mutters, opening the box. She holds up the bracelet I had specially made for her and examines it.

'Let me get that for ya,' I volunteer.

'Where's the other piece?' she asks, once I secure it on her wrist. I pull the chain from underneath my shirt, I had been wearing it since just this morning.

She nods, watching as I show how the key part of my necklace fits nicely into the lock of her bracelet. 'Read it,' I instruct. She turns the bracelet over. 'Partners in Crime.' I hope she likes it, I've been saving up. Fizzy, Lottie, and the twins luckily chipped in.

'Mine says our names,' I explain.

'Its beautiful,' she says, and hugs me again. As she pulls away I kiss her cheek, and we go downstairs.

Wait, what? Did I just kiss Arabella? No, she's my friend. That's all we've ever been, all we ever will be. Right? I sigh, things were getting complicated with all this x-factor stuff.

~Arabella~

Well. This is interesting.

Louis Tomlinson, the boy who decides to instead of speaking up in the past eight years we've known each other, kisses me a week before he's leaving. Ugh, boys.