Part 5

Part 5

~Arabella~

I try to hide the tear rolling down my cheek as he drives away. I think Lottie notices, but doesn't say anything.

'Well, I think I'm gonna head home,' I decide.

'Wait, Arabella, you know you're welcome here anytime, even though Louis' gone, right?' Jay asks.

I smile, 'Yes, thank you.'

Then I walk home and lock myself in my room. I pull out my iPod, which I haven't used in months. After I got my iPhone I didn't think it had much value. But this has a much better story behind it.

Louis and I went to an amusement park a few years back. I was about 11. I seemed to be winning at all the boardwalk games, but Louis had lost his luck that day. He was playing one of those "knock down the bottle" games, and I saw he had lost twice. But being himself, naturally he stayed positive.

He threw the first baseball and knocked down two of the three bottles. Second throw, missed. I didnt want to see him lose if he missed the third time.

'Hey, can I try?' I offered.

'Sure,' he said, handing me the baseball. I wound up my pitching arm and released the ball from my hand, it hit the bottle right on the top.

'Nice job!' Louis exclaimed. The guy gave me a stuffed animal, but I handed it to Louis.

'You sure?' he asked. I nodded.

Then we played a bit more. Towards the end of the day Louis told me to come with him because they were going to announce the winners of some raffle. I rolled my eyes, thinking it was pointless.

Before they announced the winner Louis handed me one of the two tickets he bought. The first ticket number was announced; 77246. Neither of us had that, another girl won that prize.

Then the second prize, an iPod nano, ticket number was announced; 15590. Wait... that was my ticket! I went up on the stage and got the iPod.

I walked off the stage and handed Louis the iPod. 'No, you keep it. For helping me win that game,' he told me. I thanked and hugged him.

Now seems like a good time to use it with Louis gone.

***One month later***

I wake up one morning thinking its any other morning this August. I look over at my calendar, 'August 30 Dad Comes Home'.

'Shit,' I swear under my breath. This will be the first time my dad comes home without Louis with me.

I text Louis, asking him what he thinks I should do. I finally put my phone down after I don't get a response for ten minutes. I expected this though, he's probably with the boys he was put in a boy band with.

I throw on grey sweat pants and a sweater I got in London over a white tank. I slip my phone into my pocket and go into the bathroom to groom myself. My hair is a mess, it's not worth it to try to brush it out alone, so I hop in the shower.

After a long, hot shower of thinking about my father, my hair finally decides to behave. I put it up in a messy bun and get dressed in my sweats again. Then I take out my hair, brush it, and blow dry it. This is the best it's looked in days. You can actually see the difference between the brown roots and natural dirty blonde highlights.

I'm eating breakfast, although its actually lunch time, when Louis responds.

'Be careful, don't be stupid, and don't say no, just in case. And remember you're always welcome at my place xx' Wow. That is the first time he's responded the past month.