Part 7

~Arabella~

I sign. Of course I sign. How can I turn something like this down? Eleanor and I spend the whole night celebrating in our room. The following week I have to quit my job at Hollister, since Antoine, my new agent, got me a shoot already. He is very considerate, and knows I'm still in school, so it's always manageable. He understands if I have to turn down a shoot for exams or something like that. 

I've been working for him for a month now. In my bank account I have about $1,800 just for November. It's winter break so I tell Antoine I'm taking the two weeks off since I want a couple "me" weeks. The day before school temporarily ends El and I were in our dorm and she turns on the tv. 

'What do you wanna watch?' I ask. She shrugs and starts channel surfing. Then she stops as a familiar tune comes on. 

'The second act going through to the next stage of the x-factor finals is... One Direction!' Dermont tells the boys they're one of the three groups going through to the finals. I feel my stomach churn as Lou jumps up and down with the four other boys. 

'Oh my god I love that group! They're so cute, funny... and really good singers,' Eleanor exclaims. I've considered telling her, but I don't know what difference it would make. 

'Oh. Yeah they're pretty good,' I say nonchalantly. I don't know how I would tell her anyway. 

'So who's your favorite?' she asks. Oh shit, now what? 

'Um, I don't really have a favorite. They're all so good. What about you?' I say. 

'I really like that boy in grey suit. He's also got the grey scarf on. He's, um, Louis,' she says. I try to pull out a smile from the awkwardness of that. She likes my best friend. 

Although now there are probably hundreds, maybe thousands of girls with a crush on MY best friend. I shudder at the thought. 

We watch as they show a video of the girls from Doncaster who voted for Lou, and then one of the other contestants, Cher Lloyd, is told she did not make it through to the finals. I feel bad, if the boys didn't win I wanted her to. She had an amazing voice, and very unique style. 

The show ends and Eleanor turns to me. 'So, what are you doing for our break?' she asks. 

I shrug, 'I think I'm going back to Doncaster. Might as well, I've got no where else to go,' I tell her. 

'Yeah. I don't know where to go. My mum and dad live here and I visit them a lot so that's not so fun...' her voice trails off. 

'If you want you can come with me. My dads probably gone so we can stay in my big, empty house for a week, then come back here for the other week!' I offer. 

'Sure, sounds great!' Eleanor beams. 

We pack up a week's worth of clothes and head off the next day. I text Lottie, 'Me and one of my friends are coming home for break, can't wait to see you! xx' I don't bother to text Louis. Why should I? He wouldn't answer anyway. He never did. He became a celebrity and forgot about me, our pact, everything. I had learned to accept that. 

Eleanor and I talk the whole ride there, a lot about modeling. Since I got the job with Antoine we hadn't had as much time to talk. Finally I pull into my old driveway. It's only been a few months, but the house looks so... empty. Different. 

I show Eleanor where she's staying and where my room is. We're pigging out, just watching tv on the couch when I receive a text. 'Louis' coming home this week too! You and your friend wanna come to the surprise party tonight? Be there around 5:45 x' Lottie asks. Oh, Louis' here. That's good, right? I should be happy. I get to see my best friend. But I feel nervous. Nervous to see the boy I've known since I was ten...