Part 10

~Louis~

As soon as I lay eyes on this gorgeous girl I know there is something familiar about her.

But once I meet her scared hazel eyes, I know being familiar wasn't the only the special thing I love about this girl.

'Wait!' I yell as she starts backing away. I need to talk to her.

She starts to turn and walk towards my hotel.

'Arabella!' I call. Why is she so afraid? I just want to talk to her.

I start sprinting over, and easily catch up to her. She isn't running nearly as fast as I know she can go.

'Arabella,' I whisper, slightly panting, once I've turned her towards me.

At last she's stopped. 'Louis.'

I feel a sly grin spread over my face, but Arabella couldn't see it. Her eyes are locked on the ground.

'Ara, whats wrong?' I ask.

'Whats wrong? Whats wrong. Hmm, let me think... how about the fact that you don't want me in your life anymore? I'm done with you. And I thought you were done with me. But then guess what? I have to start suffering again every day hearing about how happy you are with the boys and how this is always what you wanted. From Eleanor,' she mumbles.

'Thats a problem?' I wonder, shocked. Why would she have an issue with me texting Eleanor?

'Yes. Because I feel like I'm not good enough for you anymore. That you don't text me because you hate me, not because I distract you. If I did then don't you think Eleanor might distract you, too?' she sniffles and looks up at me. I feel myself melt at the sight of those bright hazel eyes looking at me up close. But they're not so bright, now. They're, hurt, beaten down, tired.

'You wanna know why I'm able to text Eleanor? Because she doesn't mean nearly as much to me as you do. When I talk, or text, or even think about you, you're all that's on my mind. And you stay on my mind, for days, weeks even. I don't love Eleanor the way I love you,' I admit.

She gasps, 'D- did you just say... you love me?'

'I dunno, did I?' I ask, genuinely confused. Ara chuckles and nods. Slowly I think about what I said. And realise I meant every word.

'I do love you. Everything about you. You're laugh, you're eyes, you're smile, you're sense of humour, you're sweet personality, everything. Arabella, you're still everything to me. Don't ever forget that again,' I command gently.

Bella gives me a cheeky smile, I've missed that smile so much. But it quickly faded, and her eyes wander off.

'Whats wrong?' I ask. She shakes her head and tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear. It looks different, she dip-dyed the bottom blonde. 'Alright, then,' I smirk, using two fingers to lift up her chin so our eyes meet. Then I slowly start to lean in...

'I have a boyfriend,' she blurts out, using my shoulders to push me back.

'What? Why didn't you... how did you... what?' I stammer.

'Yes. Your offers a little late. Louis, I love you too. As my best friend. Please, that's it,' she tells me.

'But Arabella, don't you know by now? I'm the one for you. It's always been me and you,' I try to convince her.

'No, it's hasn't! Louis this isn't right,' she argues. It feels like every time she says something, she's slapping my face. Harder, and harder each time.

'Fine. I guess I always have Eleanor...' I hiss. I can tell she's taken aback. But she deserves it after leading me on like that.

'Louis... fine! Go have a nice life with Eleanor! She's a great girl. You better treat her right. Better than me at least,' she manages, trying to sound congratulatory, but her voice sound full of tears. Then she turns and runs off away from me. Full speed this time. There's no catching her now.