Double dates and perfect days

At precisely 1 p.m., I knocked on Calliope's door. When there was no answer after a minute, I knocked again. The door was thrown open to reveal Calliope, hair dripping wet.

"Wow, you're really the punctual guy, huh?" she said, breathless.

I nodded, trying to swallow my annoyance that she apparently wasn't the "punctual guy".

"I'm sorry. I'll just have to blow-dry my hair, then we can leave."

She bid me inside and ran back to what I supposed was her bathroom. I heard the blow-drier and looked around. Calliope's apartment was similar in structure to mine. Her kitchen was made of whitewashed wood which gave it a cozy look. A large black couch stood in the middle of the room, facing a dark oak entertainment cabinet. My eyes lingered on the cabinet, taking in the consoles filling every available space with wide eyes. I had to suppress a groan.

She was a gamer, too? Was there anything she didn't do? I felt a surge of desire flood my insides. Gamer girls had always held a special place in my heart.

That. Is. So. Hot.

Calliope emerged from her bathroom, curls bouncing around wildly, wearing faded grey skinny jeans and a black tank top that showed demons swinging from a bell and read:

ACDC

Hell's Bells.

I got my bell gonna take ya to hell.

She was grasping a thick sweater in her right hand and rushed over to me.

"I'm really sorry, James."

"Do you play?" I burst out, ignoring her apology. She looked at me with a confused frown, until she followed my pointed finger.

"Oh!" she said, then laughed. "Yeah, I do."

"Really? What do you play?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Hmm... a bit of everything. Some horror, shooters, but mainly action roleplay games with killer stories." She smiled. "Oh, and I like me some MOBA every now and then. I play those on my laptop, it's back-"

"Oh my God, please, marry me."

"What?" she asked, laughing.

"I am so turned on right now," I told her in a serious voice.

What the fuck, James? Creepy much?

"You play, too?"

I nodded. "Mostly Overwatch and some Battlefield for the moment."

"Ugh, I loooove Overwatch," she groaned.

I stared at her with wide eyes. Darlene could never be bothered by my gaming passion. It was almost painful to hold back and not kiss Calliope senseless right then. I felt this forceful pull in my insides, urging me to bury my hands in those curls and crash my mouth to hers.

"Maybe we could play together sometime?" Her voice sounded far away through the blood pumping in my ears. I swallowed thickly.

"That'd be cool," I answered and heard the scratchy hoarseness in my voice. I buried my hands in the pockets of my jeans and clenched them, looking Calliope up and down from the corner of my eyes.

Damn, what is wrong with you, man?

"We should get going, right?" Calliope said with a glance at the clock that hang on the wall behind the couch.

I jerked upright.

"Yeah, right. We should go." I turned around, sensing her behind me. When I stopped by the door, Calliope ran into me.