Chapter 34: You're Officially My Favorite Pillow (Edited)

By the time John Wick ended, everyone was asleep except me. Probably because they actually woke up early today and I slept in.

Dave was sprawled across the carpet, face-down and was surrounded with popcorn. He had a small throw pillow under his head, a pool of drool slowly forming on it.

Dylan was sitting on the end of the four-seater couch with Hayley snuggled up like a ball on his lap. A blanket was messily draped over them.

At the other end of the couch, I had my legs hanging over the armrest covered with a blanket.

Sometime into the movie, Chase fell asleep with his head on my lap and an arm wrapped around me. His legs were stretched, taking up the entire center of the couch with his feet resting on Hayley's back.

Hayley would kill him if she found out in the morning.

Watching Chase sleep was like déja vu. It took me back to the time when I snuck into his room and stole his skateboard.

His chocolate hair was a messy fluff on his head. His bangs drooped down his eyebrows. He really needed a haircut, but I personally loved his hair this way.

He was snoring lightly and his nose was scrunched up a bit. His lips were pouting, making them look so soft and full.

Without thinking, I ran a finger over the outline of his lips.

To my surprise, Chase suddenly smiled and kissed my finger.

He brought his other arm around my waist and hugged me tighter, snuggling his head against my stomach.

Giggling, I brushed his bangs away from his forehead and kissed him lightly on the forehead. Then I went down to his nose. Then to his left cheek. Then to his right cheek. Then down his chin.

"You're such a tease," Chase hummed.

I laughed. Chase was fully awake now, but he still hadn't moved from his position on my lap.

"Now I really need a shower," he whined, standing up from the couch.

"Yeah," I replied. "You're starting to stink."

Chase faked a gasp. A mischievous smirk started to form on his lips.

"Oh, do I?" He challenged.

I nodded, smiling widely. "I had to hold my breath while you were sleeping."

Chase raised a brow in amusement. "I'm giving you a five second head start to run before I come after you."

With that being said, I stood up from the couch and ran out of the living room.

"I'm coming for you, Lexi." I could hear Chase's muffled voice from the living room.

I ran up the stairs and down the hall to my bedroom. But before I could even open the door, I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist. I was suddenly hoisted up in the air and slung over Chase's shoulder.

I squealed and tried to break free from his arms.

"Got you," Chase said, smacking my bum.

"Put me down, Chase," I screamed, hitting him on his back.

But his back was obviously made of steel, so it didn't hurt him one bit.

"Nuh uh," Chase replied. "Not until you take back what you said."

Chase opened the door to my bedroom and dropped me on the bed. He propped himself on top of me and with one hand, held both my wrists above my head.

"Never!" I replied, laughing.

"It's settled then."

To my absolute horror, his hands began tickling me all over my body. I tried to gasp for more air to breathe amidst all the giggling, but I couldn't hold off much longer.

"Chase, I-I c-can't breathe!" I wheezed, trying to wiggle myself free from his strong hold.

"Tell me I'm the best smelling human in the world and I'll stop," Chase replied as he continued to attack my sides with his fingers.

Still feeling defiant, I kept my gaze on Chase with challenging eyes.

"You can't make me say it."

Mustering up some strength, I kicked my leg upwards, attempting to knee Chase in the stomach. But instead, my knee collided somewhere lower than expected.

Chase cursed. He let go of my wrists and fell onto the bed beside me, with a hand pressed against that part of his body.

"You didn't have to kick that hard, Lexi,"  he hissed in pain. "I still plan on having kids."

Finally being able to breathe properly, I sat up on the edge of the bed.

"I didn't mean to kick you there. It just happened," I replied, trying to stifle a laugh.

"Oh so you think this is funny?"

"It actually kinda is," I replied. "Especially the part about you wanting to have kids."

"What, you don't think I'm serious?" Chase asked.

Something in the way he was looking at me left me speechless. I sheepishly looked away.

Chase sighed. He was sprawled across my bed with his eyes closed, his body relaxed.

"Come here," he said, pulling me by the arm to lay beside him. "I'm tired. I'll shower later. Let's just go back to sleep."

"Okay," I replied, smiling up at Chase. "But you have to sleep on the floor. Don't worry, it's carpeted. It won't hurt your back that much."

Chase stared at me blankly. "Really, Lexi? The floor?"

"Yeah," I replied laughing. "My mom would kill you if she finds you sleeping beside me in the morning."

Chase pouted. "I promise I'll be out of your room before the sun rises. I won't even try anything with you."

"No, Chase."

"Please, Lexi? Just for like a few minutes until I fall asleep. All I'm asking for is a cuddle," Chase pleaded, looking down at me with puppy dog eyes.

Sighing, I gave in and snuggled up closer to him.

"Fine, just a few minutes," I replied, yawning.

Chase smiled and planted a quick kiss on my forehead. He wrapped his arms around my waist and enveloped me in his warmth.

"You're officially my favorite pillow," he said before slowly drifting off to sleep.

We were suddenly surrounded by silence. I became aware of the fact that my room was actually pitch black if it weren't for the small amount of light peeking through my curtains.

In that moment, as I listened to Chase's steady heartbeat against my ear, everything felt peaceful and right. And before I knew it, I slowly drifted off to sleep as well.

A/N:

hey beautiful people!

I'm back! Okay so I've finally got it together and I'm little by little picking up the pieces.

Hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently.

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote!

Lots of love,
-JD2612