The Incident (flashback)

The window was rolled down so that I could feel the cool breeze on my face. I had crust in the inner corner of my eyes from falling in and out of sleep. The time was midnight, indicating we had only been driving for a couple of hours, but the miles of forest we were surrounded by felt like we had been driving for years. My parents in the drivers and passengers seat were also trying not to drift to sleep, as my dad tried concentrating on the road. My older brother, Min-joon, on the other hand was deep asleep. He was leaned on the back of his carseat as his hands rested cozily in his oversized jacket. To the left of the road, I read a sign that said Welcome To Utah, Southward Travel, my first trip in America. I felt a bit more at ease when I saw we were headed in the right direction. But, we still had a long way to go.
"Honey, we should pull over soon, so we can get some rest," My mom, Minji said.
"Alright, there is a hotel not to far from here," My dad, Joowon,  responds between yawns.
I look between my parents seats, through the biggest window, to see  a vast empty road ahead. It would take about 30 minutes before we arrived to a hotel. As i observe outside, i notice the lack of animals and birds. There was no life in sight, or so I thought. Less than a millisecond later a figure appears before the car, a young man in the middle of the road. My eyes widened as I saw we were headed in his direction.

"WATCH OUT" my mother yelled.

The sound of the  car we were in making a sharp turn echoed through my ears. The dark and shady forest around the street we were on suddenly cleared up as time seemed to slow down. I grabbed onto the first thing I could reach, which was my older brother's small hands. He was now wide awake and more frightened as ever. As young as I was at the time it was the clearest thing I've ever remembered in my life.
We felt a thud , as my father tried his best to re direct the car to the left. We barreled into the steep areas of green and  stopped mid-motion by the trees blocking our way to continue traveling forward. Woah, I've never been in a car accident before.

"Is everyone alright?" my dad asks after a long pause. My mom nodded, even though the bruise on her arm said otherwise.
My hands were still in Min-Joon's hand. He was panting as if he ran a marathon, eyes still wide from shock.
"We're okay, appa," I reassure my dad. Everything happened so suddenly, I was terrified and that man appeared out of nowhere.

My mom immediately opens her car door, gesturing for my father to come along. Her faced seemed worried, probably about the thud we felt on our way before we hit the trees.
"Stay here we're going to make sure that man's alright. Don't get out of the car no matter what, okay?" She addresses to me and Min-Joon.

My parents ran towards the the road and to the man's limp body. I straightened my back to were my eyes barely reached the window . I could only slightly see the scene. A young man probably in his 20s, with an all black out fit. He was dressed quite formally for someone who was walking in the forest at midnight. A button up shirt, dress pants, and dress shoe's. He was lying on the floor, but for some reason he had not a single scratch on his body. Not even his clothes were wrinkled. It was as if he hadn't hit him at all. I started getting worried for my parents but they hadn't noticed.

My dad places two fingers between the man's head and neck. Though I couldn't hear my parents I saw a state of panic wash over their faces. No pulse? My heart felt heavier and my eyes started to cloud over. Could we have killed him? I guess my brother had been watching as well because he quickly unfasend his seat belt and reached into the drivers seat for my dad's phone. Luckily, there was no need to know the password, he simply pressed the Emergency button.
Rringg....Rringg....AHHHH!

My head automatically jolted to the loud cry. Mom? The place I had last seen my parents, I was now looking at a total of two bodies on the floor. None of which were the young stranger .
"Mom! Dad!" I yelled. They had large scratches across their faces and had torn up clothes. I couldn't see much from my point of view but my eyes were releasing so many tears. I grabbed the car handle and tried shaking it open.
"Nno no no, I'm coming don't move" I yelled between sobs still trying my best to get the door open. What happened? Where was the young man? Running out of time, I climbed over the chairs to the front and passed through the front door. As soon as I jumped down I ran straight for my parents.
"Mom! Dad! Wake-up, please!"
I couldn't stop the amount of tears hurtling out of my eyes. As I ran closer my pace fastened. My dad's face was practically missing, unrecognizable under the claw mark and blood across his face. Large and unrealistic looking bites all down the sides of his body. The bruise my mom had early, was nothing compared to the immense gap missing from her throat. She looked like someone had eaten her alive. Still sobbing I try my best to wake them up. Their bodies felt heavy and weighted. There eyes were still wide open, and it made me feel like they were begging  for help.
"Wake up, please," I say repeatedly as I shake their bodies. No response. Red liquid was staining my hands and clothes. I look around for any signs of a car or a person, but no luck. Instead my eyes encounter bloody footprints, those of which I assume belonged to the young man. As my eyes continue to follow the prints but they quickly change into bloody... paw prints? I follow the trail with my eyes and at its end, a large black animal was just a few feet ahead. I was petrified. Back away slowly, I thought to myself . As if he could read my mind he takes a step in my direction. The distance between its walks were huge, about 3-4 feet with a single step. He closed some distance between us, and I was glued there. I wanted to run, but I didn't want to leave my parents here by themselves, he would hurt them again. The wolf was slowly approaching me. But, just as if it were on cue, we heard police sirens. Right, Min-Joon had called the police earlier . The beast looks in the direction of the flashing blue and red lights, looks directly at me, turns and then bolts into the green woods.

That was the last time I spoke with my  parents, but it was only the first time I encountered a Werewolf.