The Encounter

A month had past since we got back from spring break. Taehyung and I had become more familiar with each other and I barely ran into Jungkook, unless I saw him from afar in the hallways. Ever since that weird encounter about his entree in the newspaper, I've been dodging him, every and anywhere. I didn't need anyone's pity.

It was Friday, and the last school bell had rung. I was in my French language class and had a party to go to with Chan-ri that started at 7pm. I put my French books into my bag and put all my papers away. I needed to meet Chan-ri upstairs in the locker area to walk home with her. I don't have to be at her house until 6 but, we always hung out for long hours beforehand.
"Merci, for the class today Madame, " I tell the teacher before I leave the class room. I head for the left flight of stairs to get to my destination faster. When I got there, the locker area was almost empty, as it usually was on Fridays. I pull out my phone and text Chan-ri to ask where she was.

- Hey riri, where are you? Are you on the regular lockers, or the PE lockers?

Oh hey, I'm sorry I forgot to mention, I have to stay back for student representative meetings today. I'll make sure to mention your upgrade position. Meet me @ my house by 6.-

- Okay, thx, c u at 6.

I throw my backpack over my shoulder and slide my phone back into my skirt. I usually walked with Chan-ri home, but a walk by myself, once in a while never hurt. I walk out of the large locker room into the upstairs quad.

"Hey Y/N," I hear a deep voice say. I was slightly shocked from the suddeness, that I slightly jolted. I turn my head to see his tall slim figure.

"Oh hey Taehyung, why are you here after school?," I ask curiously.

"I was just... looking for someone, do you want to walk home together?," he says, obviously avoiding the conversation. He kind of looked shady so I didn't want to continue asking about his whereabouts.

"Okay, let's go."
Taehyung and I generally lived in the same area, but we would never walk home together because I was always with Chan-ri. But I had seen him around the block once in a while. We head down stairs and casually talk. He was a really interesting person to talk to, or maybe I was just distracted by his features.

"And I hate strawberries," he continues the rest of his sentence.

"You monster! how do you hate strawberries!?" I respond urgently. He cracks up of laughter, all I could do was look at him in awe.

"I'm not kidding," I giggle and playfully hit his arm.

As we head out out of the school we hear a familiar voice shout out Taehyungs name.

"Taehyung." We both turn back to meet Jungkook' s harsh glare. He seemed to grow his hair out a bit since the last time we spoke.

"Hey, I was looking for you can we talk?," he was clearly talking to Taehyung but for some odd reason he kept eye contact with me.

Taehyung looks at me and then back to Jungkook. He looks a bit pissed and  puts his hands into his pockets.

"I told you I didn't want to talk to you any more," Taehyung states with assertiveness. Both boys were glaring at each other, as if they were angry at one another. Let's just say the tension was unbearable. But to be creepily honest, they looked hot when they were mad.

I can't help but want to say something. "Do you guys know eachother?" I try to interrupt the awkward silence.

" I'm leaving, Y/N, let's go," Taehyung immediately heads towards the direction of our block as Jungkook heavily glares the back of his head.

"Bye Jungkook," I say awkwardly as I spin to follow Taehyungs foot steps. Before I am able to leave I feel Jungkooks warm and large hands grab my wrist. He spins me back around to face him.
"Be careful around him, okay? I don't think it's a good Idea for you to be around him," he says seriously. I back up a bit, because of how close we were to each other.

"Umm, please don't put me in between you and Taehyung, I don't know about your history, and I really don't want to be involved," I reply. I try to continue my path but he tightens his grip. He was starting to slightly irritate me.

He bends down to my eye level and looks at me in my eyes. "I'm being serious, be careful."

I nod my head in a slow motion and widen my eyes so that he understands that I've had enough. and slip from his grasp. He is still deeply looking into my eyes and I felt a lot more nervous. He takes a deep breath and relaxes after a bit. His harsh expression is now a lot more relaxed now that Tae was ahead.

"Meet me tomorrow afternoon, at the cafe two blocks down. I wanted to do a follow up on the story about your parents, if you don't mind, you'd be the perfect person for quotes," he changes the subject. What is up with him? One moment he's mad, the other he's asking to interrogate me about my parents, for his school paper.

"Um Yeah, no problem, I'll be there at 5. I'll see you then." I exit the school, to catch up with Taehyung, as I feel Jungkook stare in the back of my head. Wasn't Taehyung a new kid, how did he have problems with people already?

"Oh by the way!" I hear Jungkook yell from far behind me "It's a date!"

My eyes slightly widen from shock as I feel a light blush spread on my face.

"Whatever!" I yell back to him, trying to mask the studder in my voice. I hear him slightly chuckle from behind me before I disappear around the exit door.

Sorry this ones a little short, I'm releasing the next 2 chapters at the same time and it starts getting juicy!!!