The Fangs of a K9

" ...A human, that gets bitten by a rogue... dies."
My eyes widen. A rogue bite is fatal to a human? For a brief moment I forget how to breathe. My heart skips a couple beats before I try to take a deep breath, only to chock on my own saliva. I was going to die! I had no words as my chest begins to rise and fall from panicking. My breath fastens and my eyes begin to heavily water clouding my vision. Who knew my life would end so soon, at such a young age. I had never even got the chance to pass my drivers license, or get a real job or even graduate!
Okay, if I was being honest I was complaining about first world problems but I equally had the right to live. My brother would be left alone in this world and I was much to young to meet my parents in the after life right now.
I blink hard enough to let my tears escape and slightly clear my vision. I face Jungkook and see a face of despair. As if he had already lost me.

"J-Jungkook please t-tell me he's ly-lying," I say as more tears form in my eyes and a pout finds its way to my face.
He doesn't even try to look into my eyes as he keeps his head down. He couldn't look at me cry cause the fact that I was dying saddened him too. Tears begin to fall down my face as I bring my body closer to Jungkook's. I wrap my arms around his waist as I bury my teary face in his chest, ugly sobs coming from my lips.

He gently wraps his arms around me and caresses my head in attempt to call me down. He places his head besides mine and places a gentle kiss on my forehead. I feel a a tear drop land on my shoulder and a muzzled whine.

Everyone around is silent. They had never seen their alpha cry before. The room already feels like a memorial. The only thing you could hear were my pathetic silent sobs.

Rose finally breaks the silence "Alpha, I am so sorry I had no idea, if I would have known I would have kept her safe," she says mercifully. It made sense that rose wasn't aware, she didn't travel outside of the borders as much as the rest of the pack members. She was one of the youngest in the pack and though she was skilled in fighting, she barley came in contact with rogues or humans.

"Rose... Bring Y/N to the packs downstairs emergency room." Jungkook says with a quiet but firm voice. Before she is able to take me Namjoon interferes.

"Alpha... If you could bring her to the packs ER. You know.... Yejin," he says in a whisper. He tries to keep a strong face but I slightly see his lips fall into a frown. That was right, Namjoon has a mate. One that I haven't seen since I arrived. Normally I would have wondered what was wrong with her, but I was selfishly engaged with my own tragedy.

Jungkook nods his head with sympathy as Rose nods to Namjoon and then nods her head to signal me to follow.

I begin to walk behind her but the same dehydrated feeling from earlier rushes through my body. I stumble forward as I try to catch myself in roses arms. With in the same second my body feels 4 times heavier as all my weight drops to the floor.

Black specs were all around me as I hear a rush of panick and yelling happen besides me. They sounded like gibberish to my confused mind. I look up to see jins handsome but distressed face before my vision gets swallowed by darkness.

•••

"Give her this when the process is over. She will be overwhelmed with others around her, so for just a little while only Jungkook can be around her got it?"
I wake up to the quiet rambling Jin was saying to the pack members. I figured I would be in the infirmary but the bed underneath me was far to comfortable. The bed sheets smelt of pine and masculinity, which I could easily recognized as Jungkook's bed. I shift my body over and flutter my eyes open.

"She's awake," I hear hoseok sigh with relief.
"Not for long," I hear yoongi mumble under his breath. What great words to wake up to. I see Hoseok give yoongi an aggressive backhand slap to his arm to shut him up.