Beasts

When I leave the store I make the first left to be at the antique store. I turn around to make sure Jungkook hadn't chased after me, so that he wouldn't see I was still hanging out with Taehyung. I walk down the familiar road as I fasten my pace so that I wouldn't be there while it was too dark. I angrily stomped towards my destination with the thought of Jungkook still in my mind. My feet made rhythmical sounds as I continue down a straight road.

"You're late," I hear Taehyung say. I spin to my right and see his tall figure in front of me. The handsome man was wearing a casual navy blue oversized track suit, one that complemented his fit body nicely. I replace my clear expression of anger with a smile.

"Yeah, sorry, I was at the school for a meeting," I lie to him. I couldn't tell him I was with Jungkook otherwise he would tell me to stay away from him again. I suppose he believes me because he gives me a smile.

"Its okay, but it's getting really dark, so I'll walk you home," he says. We walk in comfortable silence for about 5 minutes before he speaks.

"I wanted to apologize Y/N." He says with his beautiful tenor voice, regret clear in his face.

"No, you don't have to-" my rebuttal was interrupted before I could protest.

"Yes I do. I shouldn't have made you drink like that. I knew it was your first time drinking and it was wrong of me to force any alcohol on you. I guess I..," his voice gets quieter "wanted you to have a better time than with Jungkook." He kicks the pebbles that were sitting on the side of the road. He had a shadow casted on his face but I could tell he was blushing. Cute.

Taehyung was a sweet heart, and cared for my safety. I had no idea why Jungkook would ever have a problem with him. But after seeing Jungkook's real personality today, I was a lot more sceptical of him now.

Taehyung and I walked and talked like we usually did. The moon was fully visible and it illuminated the many stars in the sky. It was dark out so the sky added a slight tint of light to the dark roads.

"Its beautiful isn't it?" I hear Taehyung whisper besides me.

"Yeah, you read my mind," I respond just as quiet. We were outside but our surroundings were so quiet, it only made sense for us to whisper.

"Sorry to interrupt," he says, "but, I have to be home in like 5 minutes can we take the shortcut?"

"Um, yeah, but I don't know it so you'll have to lead the way," I tell him, still concentrated on the sky.

"We turn left here," he says pointing to a small road. We continue into the road, passing broken bottles and burnt matches on the street. All the bars and clubs on the street with a dark red sign that read 'closed'. I thought it was ironic considering it was only 8. The roads weren't filled with drunkies like it usually was, it was quiet and peaceful. The flickering street lights were a yellow color which added to the aesthetic of the night. As we continue down the street,we entered an even smaller ally way. As I continued walking I noticed a dead end, had we taken the wrong turn?

"Tae, I think we went the wrong way," I say looking at the dark alleyway.

"No, this is the right place," he responds. I can't help but notice his voice sounded groggy, and deeper than usual. I turn to face him and immediately become petrified. His face was almost recognizable. His eyes glowing an unnatural shade of blue. What looked like fangs grew instantly on the top and bottom of his row of teeth. My eyes widen in shock but he smirks as if he were amused.

"Don't worry this won't hurt, " he says smiling as if he thought the situation was funny. I panic and my chest feels heavier it was as if I was forcefully breathing.