Prologue•:

Hello! Welcome to my book! Thank you for clicking read, and I hope you stick around and read Steve and Peggy's story! It's quite the adventure, so be sure to add this to your library so you know when I update! And feel free to follow for additional announcements!

Enjoy Back To You!
XxLauren_Luv

Book Trailer:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Dirt caked into my fingernails. Blood stinging my tongue and sweat trickling into my eyes, making my vision blurry. Thanos's attacks were growing desperate and adrenaline pumped through my body like electricity. Swing to the left. Duck. Uppercut. Block.

My shield was breaking apart piece by piece but I never stopped. The strength pushing me on was coming from a place I had relied on for ages, and I just knew he wouldn't win. He couldn't.

He was looking at me with amused eyes, curious to see how much longer I could go on. The look made me furious and I charged, but he caught me just in time, catching and throwing me thirty feet away from him.

My legs had given out and refused to move. Groaning through my teeth, I pushed myself up, held up the shield that was now just a fragment of something that once was a symbol of freedom; shattered like china under the most powerful being in the universe. My head spun as I saw him walking toward me, and I prepared myself for the worst to come.

But the God of Thunder got to him first.

Even with both weapons, Thor's size made him slower, and in front of my eyes I saw him fight but get pinned to a rock with the weapon he had crafted himself, the Asgardian blade starting to sink its way into his flesh.

I was staring at Thor, terrified, but I couldn't help but notice my hands start tingling as if they had fallen asleep. In my core I could feel my blood boiling and pounding in my ears as I fell witness to my body being overtaken by something. I was trembling, but not from fear. Thor was struggling against Thanos, and I saw him glance at Mjolnir sitting next to him, hoping that it was going to come to his aid one last time and end this. I stood frozen as I saw it rise and... move right past him.

My chest felt like it was about to burst with power, and I inhaled deeply, drinking it in. I didn't have time to think; Thor was out of time. I dug my feet into the ground as if preparing to throw a baseball pitch, and held out my right hand with my head down. I could feel how far away it was, and the closer it got the more elated I felt. After what seemed like a lifetime, I felt a warmed leather handle slam into my hand, and I looked up to Thanos, feeling the pure power flowing through my veins like I had been reborn. This time his face had fallen, and I knew this was my chance. My only chance.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
THREE DAYS LATER:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hushed whispers had fallen over the house after we returned inside after lunch. Happy and Pepper were clutching onto each other, and I gazed at them at a distance.

We buried him last night.

Just the five of us and Pepper. None of us spoke a word, because we all knew that there were none that could fill the void that had been left in us. They wouldn't console, they wouldn't inspire. We all had to accept that he was gone, but in that moment the concept felt as unreal as a dream.